cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giantdiver1974
What's DOS?
Views: 122
Message 1 of 2

new carbon 6th gen and waaaaay too many pop ups!

I am new to Lenovo and the person at Costco mentioned this over the Microsoft surface pro.  I like this laptop however the pop up ads around every click is absurd to the point I am looking to take this back and get something else.  I am pretty sure that I have all the blocking apps turned on however it seems that after I click on anything some other ad that has nothing to do with what I am doing will pop up in a different window that I have to close out.  Can anyone share some insight on how to correct this before I return it?

Thanks,

Greg

Highlighted
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 59
Message 2 of 2

Re: new carbon 6th gen and waaaaay too many pop ups!

Hi Giantdiver1974! 

Welcome to the community forums. Just to verify, are you experiencing this issue whenever you are on the internet? Are you using a specific browser like Google chrome or Edge? 

Have you tried to use different browser like Firefox, Google chrome, Opera etc? Are there any pop ups whenever you use those browsers? If not, most likely those pop ups are already installed on the browser you are using. The best way to remove those is to reset the browser. It depends on the internet browser that you are using. If you are using Microsoft Edge. See this article on how to reset it:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/reset-microsoft-edge-browser-to-default-settings-in-windows-10?linkId...

Google chrome has a different way to reset the browser. 

I hope that helps. 

Regards,

Matt_lenovo

Moderator edit: Replaced link for transparency.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors