Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thinkpaddy1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,547
Message 11 of 23

Re: no audio from Thinkpad X1 Carbon Gen 6 speakers

Same here. Been without audio for days now, rebooting and/or shutdown doesn't help. Audio works fine when using external USB speaker or a  bluetooth headset. Just the built-in speakers are numb. 

Where can i find that "tiny button", to push it with a  paperclip? What does it actually do? Should the laptop be on and booted, or in some other state when I perform the reset?

Thanks!

G.

BrianSu
HDMI
Views: 1,541
Message 12 of 23

@Thinkpaddy1 wrote:

Same here. Been without audio for days now, rebooting and/or shutdown doesn't help. Audio works fine when using external USB speaker or a  bluetooth headset. Just the built-in speakers are numb. 

Where can i find that "tiny button", to push it with a  paperclip? What does it actually do? Should the laptop be on and booted, or in some other state when I perform the reset?

Thanks!

G.

The hole is underneath the laptop towards the back. It's reset button that turns the laptop off and on again. This is the only way to disconnect power to all your devices as the battery on this unit is non removable.

Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon (6th Gen), ASUS PG27UQ Quantum Dot UHD 4K HDR 144 Hz Monitor
Jibran_Gill
What's DOS?
Views: 1,510
Message 13 of 23

So all that glitter may not be gold.. got my new lenovo X1 carbon 6th gen. Audio was working fine, today had a skype interview  and the mic, speakers and camera got dead. Fortunately I had a dell XPS13 laptop which saved me. Anyways I called the lenovo technical support and I was informed that they will send me a coffin to ship their corpse of machine back to repair center. Fortunately i google and found this power cycle fix.  Now going through the thread I have a few concerns:

1. How likely it is that the issue will re appear?

2. I think it can be treated as a known issue since many people had this issue with new machines?

3.  Lenovo technical support needs to be trained to address the issues effectively? we did not spend 2200USD to get a faulty machine, waste time over phone with unsupportive non technical support staff.

4. I need the root cause analysis why my audio crashed (hardware or driver issue), so where do i need to contact?

5.  When I called lenovo service center I came to know of a recall to carbin becuase they catch fire? when am i getting burnt by this machine?

cagriyil
Punch Card
Views: 1,252
Message 14 of 23

Hi,

I'm having the same issue, please explain the process detailed, because I'm a visually-impaired person..

should I push the button when the computer is on?

how many seconds should I wait after pushing?

Thanks!

justinchao740
Punch Card
Views: 1,216
Message 15 of 23

push it in for 10 sec with device off then id say wait for about 5 seconds then turn it on. the button is near the sim/sd card tray on the back of the laptop. it is very small and will require something sharp like a paperclip to press it.

divnejpatron
What's DOS?
Views: 1,064
Message 16 of 23

SOLVED: I had the same problem. I solved it what i went to BIOS and than clicked Fn / F1 or only F1 (depend on Fn key settings) to light orange key light off and than started Windows and all is functional again. Bye.

Highlighted
Elekrep
Paper Tape
Views: 1,034
Message 17 of 23

Solved!

My problem was no audio from speakers despite working audio jack. Tried troubleshooting audio, hard restart, reinstalling drivers and finally restoring windows to no avail.

The solution was painstakingly simple, I just had to take my eyes off the screen.

The button combination Fn+ F1 had accidentally disabled speaker audio (little orange light!) This is however not picked up by Windows, and changing the internal speaker scroll bar will do nothing and you will not get any indication that speakers are disabled. And the setting sticks despite restarting.

This should be fixed by Lenovo so that changing the Windows audio will disable the mute button.

justinchao740
Punch Card
Views: 1,032
Message 18 of 23

Never have I ever had that problem before. 

jc56
Blue Screen Again
Views: 782
Message 19 of 23

Will the hard reset (reboot) affect the installed programs?  I know that the date will remain intact but I want to make sure that all the programs installed will still remain after the hard reboot.  Thanks for your help!

Elhadji221
What's DOS?
Views: 757
Message 20 of 23

Hi,

I tried this solution but that did not work for me. I have a Thinkpad X1 Carbon Gen 5. May someone help me please

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors