PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> powercfg /a
The following sleep states are available on this system:
Standby (S3)
Hibernate
Hybrid Sleep
Fast Startup

The following sleep states are not available on this system:
Standby (S1)
The system firmware does not support this standby state.

Standby (S2)

Standby (S0 Low Power Idle)

what gives, flakey power management?

I own: T400 T500 X220 X230 all running Windows 10 Professional
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 307
Message 2 of 5

Re: powercfg x220

Looks OK to me.  That's what I see on my ThinkPads.

What about that concerns you?  I admit not being well-versed in this, but if one of the sleep states is supported, what's the problem?

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

vegan-fanatic
Token Ring
Views: 273
Message 3 of 5

I would like to have S1 and S2 states when the machine is not being used such as when I have lunch so that its ready when i get back to work. Standby sometimes craps out mostly due to bugs in windows.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 260
Message 4 of 5

I see.  What sort of problems are you having?  I don't recall any sleep/wake issues with my ThinkPads over several versions of windows - at least not frequent ones.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

vegan-fanatic
Token Ring
Views: 258
Message 5 of 5

sometimes windows misbehaves and i have to reboot

i have a ssd so reboots are fast but i like the idea that a high end machine can support all of the sleep states

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors