Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mfc
Blue Screen Again
Views: 927
Message 1 of 4

rescue and recovery on thinkpad without preinstalled OS

Hi

I've reading post about how to get the recovery partition back, and all I found is to use the recovery CD that you have to create it in the first place. However, my Thinkpad X201i doesn't come with Windows, it come with freeDOS. I install my own copy of Windows 7 and install all the driver from lenovo site. How can I get the recovery partition since I don't have the ability to create the recovery disc in the first place?

Thanks

ceb
WWAN
Views: 912
Message 2 of 4

Re: rescue and recovery on thinkpad without preinstalled OS

You can't create a recovery partition but you can create a set of Windows recovery disks from within Windows.

mfc
Blue Screen Again
Views: 901
Message 3 of 4

You mean the F11 button will be useless for this laptop, there is no way I can get it working ever?

SeniorGuru
Views: 895
Message 4 of 4

You could purchase a set of Recovery media for a X201i model 3249 ThinkPad from Lenovo for about $50, then use that to create a HDD identical to what's on a new unit. I don't know if your Windows COA key will work with that. If it doesn't, leave the partition structure it set up intact and use your Windows 7 media to reinstall Windows into the appropriate partition. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors