Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

14 Posts

05-20-2019

Germany

14 Signins

152 Page Views

• Views: 152
  • Message 1 of 1

screen brighness automatically reduced after screen off (X1E Gen 3)

2020-11-23, 9:59 AM

Hi,

I observe quite an annoying feature on my X1 Extreme (Gen 3, OLED Panel) Laptop. The energy plan sets a "screen off" time of a couple of minutes. When I get back to the computer and the screen turns back on, it does so at a lower brightness than before. It's quite obvious, because when I hit the button to reduce the brightness once, the brightness indicator is still at the same position as it was before the screen went black, and the panel gets brighter as it goes back to the correct brighness level it had before it went off. 

The difference is quite big, so every time I come back after the screen went off, I have to adjust the brightness level back. I have tried a few things without success. All screen dimming features in Lenovo Vantage are switched off. In the Intel Graphics Control Center, I have also switched off everything on the "power" panel. These settings don't have an influence. Everything is up to date. It happens both in battery and powered mode.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks, Chris

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms