Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reach
Fanfold Paper
Views: 438
Message 1 of 5

second x1 5th with crooked left hinge

Hi there,

I recently ordered an X1 2017 but sent it back for several reasons. One minor issue with it was that the left hinge was slightly crooked. Not by a lot, some might not even notice, but for me not really acceptable for a 2k5€ device. Unfortunately it was the first thing I noticed during unboxing. With the lid closed you see that it's not parallel to the rest of the device.

Meanwhile I have ordered one again and unfortunately it's the same in terms of crooked hinge. So I'm suspecting a general "problem". Obviously the support team never ever heard of such a thing.

Just wondering - how is your's?

I don't think I'll do anything about it since I don't think the service team will do a better job than the factory and generally things don't tend to get better by taking them apart. However - just curious if I'm the only one.

Cheers,

reach2017-05-31 22.27.40.jpg2017-05-31 22.28.21.jpg2017-05-31 22.29.03.jpg

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 390
Message 2 of 5

Re: second x1 5th with crooked left hinge

Hi reach,

please post some pictures.

It is easier to make an assertion then.

Best
Andreas

Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
I´m a volunteer here using ThinkPad X1 Carbon 5th Gen. Silver Edition, ThinkPad 13, Yoga 900, ThinkPad T430s, IdeaCentre B540.
TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

reach
Fanfold Paper
Views: 359
Message 3 of 5

Of course, you're right. Edited orignal post.

EvgeniyG
Fanfold Paper
Views: 115
Message 4 of 5

On my X1 Yoga 3rd Gen both hinges are crooked. For the top-model a no-go I would say. I've contacted the support
EvgeniyG
Fanfold Paper
Views: 89
Message 5 of 5

Same story! Yoga X1 3rd gen., top model 20LD. Both black hinges are crooked. Contacted the support and ordered on-site repair. Got a call from Poland (I am in Germany), they've asked to send laptop with Fedex to the "Service-Center" in Poland, because "it may be something very complicated", so they would tear down the laptop completely. Looks like the Service-Center is cheaper for Lenovo in comparison with On-Site-Techs.

Think, I would insist on On-Site service. I am a bit afraid of "Service-Centers" in Poland with "just 6 days" turnaroud times. From what I've seen in treads, it may take up to several months without guarantee, that the result is not worse than it was before. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors