Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
justinchao740
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,456
Message 1 of 5

sleep battery drain

I currently own and new x1 carbon 6th gen, however, when my laptop is in connected standby, it gets no HW drips and NoHwDrips.INTERNAL_BLOCKER remains active 100% of the time. I like connected standby and would appreciate anyone that is willing to help me out. I have also attached a sleep study report that shows it.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KLAvpFXNJnoOL1A_GLkzPh5y2vmni98g

jeremyshaw
802.11n
Views: 1,432
Message 2 of 5

Re: sleep battery drain

There are a number of threads on this. Since it came up for me recently (again...), some searching found a recommendation to disable "Always on USB" (the ability to charge an USB-connected device when the laptop is off/standby - older Thinkpads identified the always-on port with a yellow USB port). I've yet to see if that setting has made a difference, since I only did so this morning. I got the same hwdrips internal blocker (with some reference to the C8 state) being reported as the source of the issue.

justinchao740
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,405
Message 3 of 5

Already tried with it disabled, didn't help. I'm just doing a Windows modern standby assessment test to see exactly which driver is acting up. 

JaZoN_XD
Paper Tape
Views: 1,393
Message 4 of 5

I'm also interested in your findings, I have modern standby disabled, using just regular S3 sleep, but yet the laptop would still use roughly 250mW every hour on sleep. Overnight I would lose about 5 to 7%, which is unacceptable since my previous laptop (Asus Zenbook Flip) would remain at 100% overnight or at worst drop to 99%.

justinchao740
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,361
Message 5 of 5

I figured it out. I had tpfancontrol opened and running, which communicate with he EC(embedded circuit) and prevented the computer from going into drips. I figured this out because it was the only 3rd party process that had power throttling disabled in task manager. Power throttling is a feature which stops program from running while sleeping, the rest of the processes with power throttling disabled are Windows processes. To check this, go to details page in task manager, set it to show power throttling and see which one are disabled.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors