Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manny444
Paper Tape
Views: 1,419
Message 1 of 4

thinkpad crashes after sleep mode

Hi, my thinkpad x1 carbon with windows 10 64bit has started to crash after I put it into sleep mode (fn + 4). This used to work fine before, but now about 50% of the time (100% after a night), it crashes (or shuts of totally). The only way I can start the thinkpad then is by pressing the on/off button for about 10 seconds. Then it starts up, but all my work documents / webpages etc. crashed. If, for example, I open up my word document on which I was working on, it asks me if I want to save the normal.dot and gives me a list of optionional documents to "save". I thus have to tell it which versions to save and can then resume working on it. But then, when I put it into sleep mode again, it crashes again - especially if it is over night.

I have checked the battery and done the standard lenovo diagnositcs, but this is not the problem.

Thank you very much for your help!

best, Manuel

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,402
Message 2 of 4

Re: thinkpad crashes after sleep mode

Look in the event log and see if a device is throwing a message

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
manny444
Paper Tape
Views: 1,398
Message 3 of 4

Hi, tx for the hint, but the event log has literally hundreds of messages. Where should I look, or what should I look for?

tx, Manuel

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,385
Message 4 of 4

Look for something marked "error" or "critical" at the time of the crash or shutoff

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors