Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hive8
Blue Screen Again
Views: 196
Message 1 of 4

thinkpad x1 extreme first gen keyboard issue

My thinkpad x1 extreme has some keyboard issues and it seems i cant find the fault, the following keys are not working anymore.

F10
F11
F12
Prnt Scrn
PgDwn
End

I tried reseating the keyboard flat cable per manual, but that did not help. Does anyone maybe have some insight what could be wrong?

Also if i have to replace a part what would it be, I only have 6 days of warrenty left.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 168
Message 2 of 4

Re: thinkpad x1 extreme first gen keyboard issue

It is almost certainly the keyboard itself.  There is probably a fault in the matrix under the keys that signals the key location of a key-press.  You don't want to try to do it yourself if you are under warranty.  The machine comes apart from the bottom.  You take EVERYTHING off until the only thing left is the keyboard.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
hive8
Blue Screen Again
Views: 163
Message 3 of 4

thank you for the reply, you think it would be best to send it in?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 157
Message 4 of 4

Yes.  I doubt they would send you one as a CRU and even if they did, you don't want to do it.  I work on machines and it would take me more than an your.  If someone wasn't experienced doing those things and didn't have all the tools, they could easily end up with no machine and a box full of parts to be recycled after a long. frustrating day.  The thing is full of very fragile connectors.  If you break one, you are screwed.  It becomes your problem.  In U.S. support is 1-800-426-7378.  I would send to the depot even if I had on-site warranty.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors