Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
nickwobbrock
Paper Tape
Views: 158
Message 1 of 2

thunderbolt 15d2 driver causes usb c thinkvision monitor to flicker with windows 1903

Might be helpful for people to know, but I have been struggling for days with a flickering thinkvision p24h usb c monitor connected to my lenovo x1 carbon 5th generation. Flickers, sometimes goes into power saving mode even when it should be active.

I updated all sort of graphics drivers with no success. 

Finally, i deleted the thunderbolt 15d2 driver and it fixed the monitor problem. Then lenovo system update reinstalled the driver and the problem resumed. Flickering, power save mode resumed sometimes (thinking the monitor was not receiving a signal), unstable screen as well. And upon removal of the driver again, and disabling installation of recommended updates, the problem is fixed.

Frustrated that an update caused this issue, and relieved it has now been fixed. Just wanted to share the solution, or help make lenovo aware. I do believe it is a windows 1903 issues related to the thunderbolt 15d2 driver.

nickwobbrock
Paper Tape
Views: 106
Message 2 of 2

Re: thunderbolt 15d2 driver causes usb c thinkvision monitor to flicker with windows 1903

I must admit, I found the solution and it was not the driver. The problems continued. And, upon finding that the usb c chord had an issue, the problem is now resolved. Guess I should have checked the chord first Smiley Sad

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors