Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
sidhstar
Paper Tape
Views: 703
Message 1 of 4

touch screen is only responding to stylus and not to finger THINKPAD YOGA X1 3rd Gen

Guys the worst Touch Screen i have ever seen in a Laptop, STYLUS is working fine but with finger sometimes screen recognizes & sometimes it does not. I have contacted customer care, visited service centre & even 2 times reset the laptop to factory settings but it does  not work. If someone have solution please suggest otherwise help others also not to buy lenovo or thinkpad touch screen laptops, they are the most worst laptops in the world.  My laptop worked very good for 2 months, i just purchased it in September 2018 but after that its touch is not working properly. I had updated my laptop softwares from Lenovo Vantage also.

EtheAv8r
Fanfold Paper
Views: 685
Message 2 of 4

Re: touch screen is only responding to stylus and not to finger THINKPAD YOGA X1 3rd Gen

This might be similar to the problem with Thinkpad X380 Yoga???

There is a problem with the touch screen not working properly, it only worked in the Browser, not on the desktop or in application, and operation in Tablet mode with the screen folded back became impossible except browsing with Chrome. Investigation revealed that it was cause by a Lenovo update – WinTab Utility – 10(64) V.7.5.2.38. Lots of people are reporting this in the x380 Forum and it need a proper resolution from Lenovo. The work arround is to go to Settings>Apps> and scroll down the list of apps until you find Lenovo Pen Services, click on it and select Uninstall. You will then have fully working touchscreen.

sidhstar
Paper Tape
Views: 580
Message 3 of 4

Re: touch screen is only responding to stylus and not to finger THINKPAD YOGA X1 3rd Gen

This does not work for me, i uninstalled LENOVO PEN SERVICES but still touch is not working with finger. It is working fine with Stylus that means there is no hardware issue but i think windows 10 do not support lenovo touch screens
alessandro_rei
Paper Tape
Views: 429
Message 4 of 4

Exactly the same problem for me with the Thinkpad X380 Yoga.

Pen fully functional with or without pen App,

but finger touch dead after windows update (i think)

some month ago. And none of the update of Lenovo

or windows seems to solve the problem. Yet the pen settings uninstall

do nothing for me.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors