Options

0 Posts

02-25-2020

DE

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 3

user-mode driver crash / Event ID 10111 (Thinkpad Yoga X380 and hybrid USB-C Dock) - External Displays not working

2020-02-25, 8:47 AM

dear support forum team,

I am suffering from a very annoying problem in combination with my Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga X380 and the ThinkPad Hybrid USB-C with USB-A Dock.

The setup: Notebook - Dock connection is via USB-C, 2 Displays attached to Dock via DP.

The symptoms: Mouse freezes, displays freeze ... after approx. 15 seconds they turn black and recover to normal operation within another 10 seconds. Interestingly: LAN connectivity, which is also handled via dock, stays functional. If the problem reoccurs to often, within a short period of time, after the third attempt the external displays stay frozen (showing the last screen) and do not recover. I have to open the notebook lid, as this is the only active display then, and disconnect/reconnect the dock again.

During that time, the eventviewer gets flooded with the EventID: 10111 Source: DriverFrameworks-UserMode and the Text: The device "ThinkPad Hybrid USB-C with USB-A Dock" (Location "003e.0000.0000.001.002.000.000.000.000") is offline due to a user-mode driver crash. Windows will attempt to restart the device 5 more times. Please contact the device manufacturer for more information about this problem.

For other German users: Das Gerät "ThinkPad Hybrid USB-C with USB-A Dock" (Ort "003e.0000.0000.001.002.000.000.000.000") ist aufgrund eines Ausfalls eines Benutzermodustreibers offline. Ein Neustart des Geräts wird 5 Mal versucht. Weitere Informationen zu diesem Problem erhalten Sie beim Gerätehersteller. Attached you find a screenshot illustrating how much fun it is ..

I am not the only one affected with that issue as a thread also exists in the Displaylink support forums (hope this link complies with the forum rules: https://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?s=43e6a323fe7cc84582249a77dafc6589&t=66675) which all describe simmilar symptoms. DisplayLink states that it is a "vendor" problem (Lenovo) that is why I post here.

• all Drivers / Firmwares of Yoga are up to date according to System Update 5 Tool
  • all Drives / Firmwares of the Dock are up to date according to your website (V10026)
  • latest DisplayLink drivers from their website were tested => no change
  • OS is Windows 10 Pro x64 (up 2 date)
  • all cables (Displayport) are certified and have been already been exchanged
  • The power supply is fine, and connecting a second one so dock and notebook are powered by two separate supplies does not help (but maybe reduce the occurance slightly)
  • The problem itself may (oddly enough) not occur for one or two days (rarely) but sometimes it happens 10 times a day, with 3 complete: undock/reset docking-station/re-dock cycles making it almost impossible to work.
  • The latest Dock Driver V10020 was quiet new so I installed it, however: contained DisplayLink drivers are older than directly from DisplayLink and the driver did not improve the situation.

As I cann not access the Appstore (Corporate Environment) I can not install the Vantage app, but I have "System Update 5 (5.07.0092)" installed and it does not show any available update for my devices,

although it does not detect the docking station correctly - It seems to only provide drivers for the Yoga X380 itself and I have to manually install firmwares & drivers for the dock.

Can anyone help me?

Options

1 Posts

03-05-2020

DK

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:user-mode driver crash / Event ID 10111 (Thinkpad Yoga X380 and hybrid USB-C Dock) - External Displays not working

2020-03-05, 10:35 AM

I'm experiencing the exact same thing.

X1 Carbon 5th gen w/Hybrid USB-C dock, 2 monitors connected.

Exact same experience with screens dropping out.

Event log floods with the exact same user-mode driver error.

Options

1 Posts

06-30-2020

FR

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:user-mode driver crash / Event ID 10111 (Thinkpad Yoga X380 and hybrid USB-C Dock) - External Displays not working

2020-06-30, 8:59 AM

Same dock, same issue. Any news about this?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete