Hi 

Anyone has a suggestion on where to buy x1 carbon 2nd Gen genuine battery 

And why are they the most expensive of all

EyeDeeNo
802.11n
Views: 117
Message 2 of 4

Re: where to buy x1 carbon 2nd Gen genuine battery

Looks like you will have to go third party to get one. 

I understand what I'm about to write is a bit insensitive and not helpful but his is the problem with mobile devices the lithium-ion and lithium-polymer batteries only have a useful life span of five years from the date of manufacturing. 

SeniorGuru
Views: 85
Message 3 of 4

@EyeDeeNo wrote:

but his is the problem with mobile devices the lithium-ion and lithium-polymer batteries only have a useful life span of five years from the date of manufacturing. 

Li-Ion and Li-poly are the best available battery technologies so it's not fair to fault device makers for using them. (Compare them to previous Ni-MH and Ni-Cad batteries...)

The real problem IMO is that many manufacturers stop making and/or selling genuine batteries in less than five years. As a result, when the original battery eventually dies one's only recourse is to buy non-OEM batteries that are more prone to overheat/explode and also have much lower effective capacity. To compound matters batteries are generally no longer user-replaceable. All this leads customers to dispose of otherwise still-functional and still practical devices that still have several years of useful life left in them.

Smartphone makers in particular are notorious for these practices.

802.11n
Views: 79
Message 4 of 4

I do agree with all and kinda the point I was getting at.

Someone needs to reinvent the battery.

Edit: I feel bad for the ones that bought into the electric car phenomena. To replace the battery will cost more than the vehicle is worth in just what four to five or if lucky six years.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors