cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
petersonc2c
What's DOS?
Views: 909
Message 1 of 3

wifi problem with connectivity lenovo / xp notebook traveling and can't get wifi connection

ok...here is what i have tried

disabling the firewall

choosing advanced features and checking the box for windows...

message i get is wireless network connection not connected, firewalled.

I have been working on the foolish problem that i probably should know for 3 hrs.  it works fine on my lan at home....but i m not in mn   i am in denver,co

i have tried to run a repair...won't run...message is i could not repair and i should see my network manager...blah...i am the owner/manager of the laptop 

Help me please. I m not a novice....email the answer at petersonc2c@yahoo.com....i m at the library!! blackbeyy

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 864
Message 2 of 3

Re: wifi problem with connectivity lenovo / xp notebook traveling and can't get wifi connection

if you right click the wireless icon with the x on it and then click view available wireless connections, does it show any. are any of them unsecured. even though they might be unsecured you still might not be able to connect.  like a computer to computer network.  most of the ones i get when i'm traveling say unsecured but you have to pay a fee to use them or have an att account or something of the sort.  and the only way to find out is to go into the place and ask the manager.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 863
Message 3 of 3

Re: wifi problem with connectivity lenovo / xp notebook traveling and can't get wifi connection

another thing, if you have a profile set up with your router at home it might be trying to connect to the profile that you have set up at home. if you have that set to be your first choice to connect to it might be trying to connect to that. 

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors