KarenS1
What's DOS?
Views: 331
Message 1 of 3

x 250 crashes router

Hi there!

I have a Lenovo x250 running windows 7.

I am having the strangest problem;

The computer works flawlesly at work and on any other network than my home network.

At home I have a broadband internet connection with a D Link DIR- 818 LW router.

My husband has a lenovo x 250 running ubuntu 15,04 without any problems whatsoever.

Our smart TV (Samsung) our Nintendo and our smartphones all work without any problems.

Starting my computer with a ubuntu Live Image from a USB, I don\t have any problems either.

But, when i run my computer on windows and connect to the wireless network, the router crashes after a short while, sometimes after a few minutes sometimes after a little longer. Everyone losses internet connection and we need to restart the router. When the router crashes the message I get is "dns probe finished no internet".

I have talked with my IT department at work who reinstalled windows and updated to the latest drivers.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Karen

Puppy
Bit Torrent
Views: 326
Message 2 of 3

Re: x 250 crashes router

Update router firmware or ask in http://forums.dlink.com/ The bug is on their end. Are you sure that it connects in N mode when it works ?

Community SeniorMod
Views: 289
Message 3 of 3

Re: x 250 crashes router

Hi,

It doesn't quite sound like the problem described in the link below - and I thought it wasn't a problem in xx50 images but check for this issue.

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht081844

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors