cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rscosworth
Paper Tape
Views: 1,172
Message 1 of 4

x1 Carbon 2015 (Gen3) Trackpoing Horizontal Scroll (Excel)

Good Afternoon,

I am having an issue with my x1 Carbon 2015 (Gen3).

This machine uses a different Synaptic package from the x1 Carbon (Gen1) which I have used previously.

The package I am using is as per the Lenovo website - version 18.1.27.14.

When using Micorosft Excel 2013 and trying to scroll horizontally using the middle trackpoint button and the trakpoint nipple. The cursor changes and displays a horizontal scrollbar icon but only intermittantly works, mostly just after a reboot and then shortly after it fails although still changes the cursor.

Verticle scroll works without issue in all applications.

I have tried generic synaptic driver package directly from them to no avail. I have tried the Gen1 driver package to no avail.

Does anyone have any ideas, similar experience, workarounds? Or a Gen3 that they can try to recreate the same issue?

Thanks

R

rscosworth
Paper Tape
Views: 1,143
Message 2 of 4

Re: x1 Carbon 2015 (Gen3) Trackpoing Horizontal Scroll (Excel)

So the issue has moved on a litte. I have managed to find the previous drivers 18.1.27.12 but this has not made a difference to the issue either.

However.....When it occurs and I am not able to scroll horizontally if I attempt to scroll using the trackpad it will then reactivate the trackpoint horizontal scroll. So better than previously and a workaround I can probably live with until the release of new drivers.

As before though, if anyone is able to test the same circumstances as I have it would be interesting as I can't think what else with my setup could be the issue.

Thanks

R

zhanibek
What's DOS?
Views: 1,000
Message 3 of 4

Hey mate,

Try this:

Control Panel -> Mouse -> ThinkPad (tab) -> Settings -> General (tab) -> switch TrackPoint Middle Button to Traditional

This worked for me and I have the same specs as you (x1 carbon 2015 gen 3, excel 2013, windows 8.1)

Hope this helps.

Zhanibek

binks
What's DOS?
Views: 816
Message 4 of 4

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors