cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
camellyx
Paper Tape
Views: 1,632
Message 1 of 5

x1 carbon 2017 (Gen 5) loud high pitched noise from speaker and audio after waking from sleep

My speaker and my audio generate very loud high pitched noise after waking from sleep.

I had to mute my audio if this happens, but the speaker is essentially unusable in this situation.

If I plug in my headphone through audio jack, the high pitched noise will come from both headphone (and unmutable) and my speaker (if I turn on the volume).

I hope this is fixable through driver update.

jazirkle
What's DOS?
Views: 1,484
Message 2 of 5

Re: x1 carbon 2017 (Gen 5) loud high pitched noise from speaker and audio after waking from sleep

I had the same issue. I tried reinstalling Windows, which seemed to help a bit, but didn't fix the issue. I submitted a service request and just sent the laptop back for servicing. Hopefully, this is a hardware issue they can fix.

HA123
What's DOS?
Views: 1,388
Message 3 of 5

Re: x1 carbon 2017 (Gen 5) loud high pitched noise from speaker and audio after waking from sleep

Same problem here. Let's hope they can fix it via an update.

camellyx
Paper Tape
Views: 1,376
Message 4 of 5

Actually, mine got fixed after updating to the latest BIOS.

Find your model in Lenovo Support, and go to drivers, find and download the bios update utility and install the latest bios update.

Former Employee
Views: 1,347
Message 5 of 5

In response to customer reports of an unexpected high-pitched noise after resuming from sleep mode on X1 Carbon 5th Gen (Type: 20HR and 20HQ), Lenovo has released a BIOS update that resolves the issue.

<1.14>

UEFI: 1.14 / ECP: 1.08

- (Fix) Fixed an issue where noise may sound with the wake from sleep state during listening music.

The latest BIOS, v. 1.15, can be downloaded here: http://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/DS120390

Thank you,

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors