cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ken_nm
Paper Tape
Views: 223
Message 1 of 3

x1 carbon 6th gen no longer sleeps - crash after 1 min - new event id in log: 37

All:

I had modern standby working fine up to yesterday, running bios 1.30 with sleep mode set to windows 10.  Today, after the microsoft sep 11 update I can no longer sleep and I get a new event log entry (something that wasn't in my log going back 1 week).  This is the last entry in the log before the event log entry for unexpected reboot.  And the time 71 closely correlates to how long the laptop is in sleep before it reboots.

Warning    9/12/2018 8:51:26 AM    Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Processor-Power    37    (7)    The speed of processor 7 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.

ujda765
Punch Card
Views: 205
Message 2 of 3

Re: x1 carbon 6th gen no longer sleeps - crash after 1 min - new event id in log: 37

I had the same problem before, then I figure out this is due to I tried to use the legacy S03 sleep-----when the OS attempted to enter the S03 sleep state, it found that the motherboard/BIOS wouldn't support. So it crashed.

The solution is simple, don't use S03 sleep, use Si03 sleep (windows modern sleep?).

ken_nm
Paper Tape
Views: 195
Message 3 of 3

Re: x1 carbon 6th gen no longer sleeps - crash after 1 min - new event id in log: 37

I had tested sleep once with the bios linux mode then switched it back.  How do I change back windows - any idea?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors