Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stackz07
Punch Card
Views: 863
Message 1 of 8

x1 carbon f6 windows install driver

what RST driver do i need for a core i5 x1 carbon during a fresh windows install?? i downloaded the f6 floopy from intel and that doesn't work i keep getting a incompatiable hardware during the windows install. any ideas/links?

ThorsHammer
Bit Torrent
Views: 841
Message 2 of 8

Re: x1 carbon f6 windows install driver

You would only need to use a floppy disk drive and driver if you were installing Windows XP.

I certainly hope you aren't doing that.

stackz07
Punch Card
Views: 832
Message 3 of 8

wrong

You need a rapid storage techonolgy driver during a fresh OEM install of windows 7 for ACHI. None of the ones I downloaded work... anyone have a link to the right one?

ThorsHammer
Bit Torrent
Views: 821
Message 4 of 8

Re: The is inbox support for the Intel SATA controller in Windows 7 and Windows 8

The Windows 7 iastor.sys driver that ships with Windows 7 supports the chipset in the X1 Carbon.  It will be slightly updated (description text string only) when you install the Intel chipset drivers.

Intel chipset drivers are on the support.lenovo.com site but it appears to be broken at the moment.

Sorry man, AHCI support for the Intel controllers has been in Windows 7 since it RTM'd.  The Ivy Bridge chipset in the X1 Carbon is not unique.

Are you installing Windows 7 from a retail DVD, a burned ISO from a MSDN subscription, or some other source?

stackz07
Punch Card
Views: 812
Message 5 of 8

Re: The is inbox support for the Intel SATA controller in Windows 7 and Windows 8

I think it's a burned MSDN subscription or the digitialriver OEM download

ThorsHammer
Bit Torrent
Views: 802
Message 6 of 8

I would try another source DVD. If it works, you know the one you have is bad.
stackz07
Punch Card
Views: 792
Message 7 of 8

No external DVD player :\ the digitialriver OEM download should work fine though? Grrrrr...really appreciate the help too Thors, thanks man.

ThorsHammer
Bit Torrent
Views: 780
Message 8 of 8

@stackz07 wrote:

No external DVD player :\ the digitialriver OEM download should work fine though? Grrrrr...really appreciate the help too Thors, thanks man.

Yes.  If you are downloading the .ISO and using it to create a USB stick, make sure and use a utility known to work well.  The store.microsoft.com folks have one.

See http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/html/pbPage.Help_Win7_usbdvd_dwnTool

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors