Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guru
Views: 2,748
Message 1 of 13

x1 yoga wigig

Hi,

Does anyone know when x1 yoga with wigig will become available?  Looks like its available in Europe already.

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
 If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

ZyRaIN
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,698
Message 2 of 13

Re: x1 yoga wigig

Hi Green, 

Just ordered it for my X1 Yoga, and should arrive in about 2-3 days. I'm located in DK. 

Can see on Lenovos site that you can now order the X1 Yoga in a bundle where the WiGig dock is included. 

Guru
Views: 2,690
Message 3 of 13

Hi,

It is still not avaialbe here in the US.  I'm trying to find out when it will be available here.

thanks!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

Guru
Views: 2,665
Message 4 of 13

Does anyone know if i order a x1 yoga without wigig now can it be added later?

Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

rl2
Serial Port
Views: 2,659
Message 5 of 13

I don't know if "WiGig support" can be added later (or if it's even something that needs to be added, for that matter) but I do know it is mutually exclusive with the WWAN mobile broadband modem card (like a Sierra 4G LTE, etc).

I asked the Lenovo rep this morning when I called & he said he unfortunately wasn't sure either.  So cruel of Lenovo to tease all this awesome stuff at CES in January but then not have much further info to answer these kinds of questions!  It's already nearly May!

Also, on the WiGig-- does anyone know what max res is supported by the DisplayPort & HDMI ports?  Is HDMI 2.0 (4096×2160p) & DisplayPort 1.4 (3840×2160) supported?

Sources:

ZyRaIN
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,641
Message 6 of 13

@rl2 wrote:

I don't know if "WiGig support" can be added later (or if it's even something that needs to be added, for that matter) but I do know it is mutually exclusive with the WWAN mobile broadband modem card (like a Sierra 4G LTE, etc).

I asked the Lenovo rep this morning when I called & he said he unfortunately wasn't sure either.  So cruel of Lenovo to tease all this awesome stuff at CES in January but then not have much further info to answer these kinds of questions!  It's already nearly May!

Also, on the WiGig-- does anyone know what max res is supported by the DisplayPort & HDMI ports?  Is HDMI 2.0 (4096×2160p) & DisplayPort 1.4 (3840×2160) supported?

All X1 Yoga's have WiGig support I believe. Try to go into bios there is an option if WiGig is allowed to turn on you pc.

As mentioned before I did not order a WiGig with my order, but added this as soon as it came avilable here in Denmark.

It does not support 4k res. read more here: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/CES-2016/ThinkPad-WiGig-Dock-I-want-it/td-p/2241733

ZyRaIN
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,595
Message 7 of 13

Hi guys,

Just wanted to post some info. Smiley Happy

WiGig dock is not supported on all X1 Yoga's learnt this the hard way.

Got  the WiGig dock today thought when I have the options about Wigig and such in bios that my top spec model would have support for WiGig - but it does not.

There are 2 different network cards for this model.

Mine has:

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC (2x2) 8260, Bluetooth-version 4.1 vPro

Supported has:

Intel WiGig18260AC 2x2+BT 4.1

Just wanted to inform Smiley Happy

EDIT: And notice that the WiGig dock has a fan inside it - so it does make some noise not a lot but about the same level as when the Yoga is running as max.

Guru
Views: 2,552
Message 8 of 13

Does anyone know if I order without wigig support now can it be added later?

i called Lenovo sales.

1st person said no and he didnt know when it would be available.

2nd person said you cant order it WWAN.  I said i am not ordering with WWAN.  He seemed confused.  He later said its orderable but not for several more months.  He was not sure if it could be added later.

Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

ZyRaIN
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,548
Message 9 of 13

@green5178 wrote:

Does anyone know if I order without wigig support now can it be added later?

i called Lenovo sales.

1st person said no and he didnt know when it would be available.

2nd person said you cant order it WWAN.  I said i am not ordering with WWAN.  He seemed confused.  He later said its orderable but not for several more months.  He was not sure if it could be added later.

Before I returned my WiGig I wanted to be sure that my model was not supported - so I called the support who could confirm.

When I asked if it could be added he said only if it was listed on https://www.lenovoquickpick.com/  and it is not... 

Don't know if its comming later or if the module is soldered on.. 

Guru
Views: 2,515
Message 10 of 13

I am not saying the infoarmtion is correct BUT i talked to sales again.  They are saying it might not be available until September and that the wigig option CANNOT be added later.  I just dont understand how you can advertise wigig capability in January but not have it available until September.  With OLED i understand they at least said available at a later date.

Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors