Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
roznikj
What's DOS?
Views: 6,045
Message 1 of 9

x100e Cisco VPN problem

Hi, I have my new x100e for couple days, and I`m trying to make it work with Cisco VPN client for remote connection to my work. Cisco is working perfectly if connected via Wi-Fi or LAN, but not working via integrated UMTS modem. When I start Cisco VPN and attempt to login, I am asked for login and pwd, everything work OK, after that, when trying to open requested web page it does not load.

When I tried external USB modem with its own drivers etc. everyting was working properly. If I try integrated UMTS modem for regular web pages when not connected to VPN, everything is working OK also.

Can anybody help me to solve this problem? I bought this laptop specially for that integrated modem.

Thanks a lot

Retired Guru
Views: 6,030
Message 2 of 9

Re: x100e Cisco VPN problem

Almost certainly this isn't a problem of your pc but of your provider.

Maybe some NAT/Firewall block something needed  by the vpn protocol.

Also some companies blocks purposely the vpn protocols to charge something more to the business users

Guru
Views: 6,026
Message 3 of 9

I'm not sure what version of ths Cisco VPN client you use or what OS and not familiar with the x100e, but if you read the release notes from Cisco under "Potential Compatibility Issues" you will find this:
The VPN Client on Windows 7 does not support WWAN devices (also called wireless data cards).

So if you use Windows 7 it might not work with the current version of the client. I also have to add that i have seen the same problem you describe on computers running Windows 7 and Cisco told me basically what the release notes says and said it's a known issue with som WWAN adapters and Windows 7. Since the release notes says "not supported" it's not really a bug either.

-gan

roznikj
What's DOS?
Views: 5,996
Message 4 of 9

Thanks a lot for you answer at least I know now, that i dont have to look for solution anymore....  Do you think it is possible to connect to ipsec with some other way to make it work, or it is lost totally?

thx

Retired Guru
Views: 5,982
Message 5 of 9

"Potential Compatibility Issues" you will find this:
The VPN Client on Windows 7 does not support WWAN devices (also called wireless data cards).

If the problem is the client itself that won't recognize the data card's connection (strange but possible), the HSDPA connection done in the old way (via dialup) can be a solution.

just do a dialup connection to the number *99***1#  and put the usual initialization string in the modem's advanced properties at+cgdcont=1,"IP","your-apn"

The gobi card works both as a lan card or as a dialup modem.

It's worth a try

roznikj
What's DOS?
Views: 5,967
Message 6 of 9

Thank you Solutor for your advice. I have tried it and everything work out for me :-)

It seems that the behavior of the WWAN internet connection is in conflict with Cisco VPN and therefore it wont open requested page.

Jojo

Coolio13
What's DOS?
Views: 5,644
Message 7 of 9

Hello Solutor

I have maybe the some problem has you describe in your solution.

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Windows-7-Discussion/VPN-Connection-Issue/m-p/266138#M8583

Is it possible that you can send me some printscreen, how you did this in the Access Connections tool.

Thanks for your support.

Kind regards

Retired Guru
Views: 5,635
Message 8 of 9

I haven't the problem, nor I use the cisco vpn, I just guessed in this thread for a possible solution.

BTW don't use access connections at all, just do a plain windows dialup connection following the windows wizard, and add the string in the modem CPL.

That's all.

finsve
What's DOS?
Views: 4,201
Message 9 of 9

Solution, worked for me, cisco vpn with win7 x64

http://forums.pinstack.com/f199/need_to_tether-105​196/

change to 

+CGDCONT=1,"IP","telenor"

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals