Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

02-25-2012

USA

8 Signins

48 Page Views

• Views: 48
  • Message 1 of 2

x120e screen flicker - help!

2012-03-04, 19:41 PM

I recently purchased a Lenovo x120e Thinkpad ultraportable/netbook. Made a few modifications: added another stick of ram, making it 4 gbs, put in 120gb Crucial M4 SSD, did a fresh install of Win. 7 Home Premium ,and finall, swapped the 6 cell battery with a slimmer 3 cell. Now, I swapped the battery about 2 weeks after installing all of the interior components and freshly installing Windows. The very same day that I swapped the battery, I noticed screen flickering - 1-2 horizontal bands that look like TV static near the top of the screen. I rebooted, and it went away.

SInce then, I've seen the flickering occur 2 more times over the course of about 2 1/2 - 3 weeks. It always goes away with a reboot, and it always occurs after the laptop hasn't been rebooted in a long time (over a week, usually. I just put my laptop into sleep mode at night).

Question 1: could this somehow be related to the new battery?

Question 2: is it possible that, if I disturbed a connection while installing interior components, it would have taken over 1 week to show up as screen flicker?

Question 3: what else might be causing this?

Question 4: what are some possible fixes?

Thanks in advance very much for the help

Answer
Options

88 Posts

03-11-2011

USA

1314 Signins

2332 Page Views

• Views: 2332

Re: x120e screen flicker - help!

2012-03-05, 2:01 AM
If you're seeing intermittent inverted horizontal lines at a consistent location, then you've hit a problem that most everyone with a Fusion APU has hit. There is no guaranteed way of fixing it, but you can disable the Vari-Bright setting to mitigate most of the issue. That's located in the AMD VISION PowerPlay section, so try that and hope you don't get it too often.

Replies(1)
Answer
Options

88 Posts

03-11-2011

USA

1314 Signins

2332 Page Views

• Views: 2332
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: x120e screen flicker - help!

2012-03-05, 2:01 AM
If you're seeing intermittent inverted horizontal lines at a consistent location, then you've hit a problem that most everyone with a Fusion APU has hit. There is no guaranteed way of fixing it, but you can disable the Vari-Bright setting to mitigate most of the issue. That's located in the AMD VISION PowerPlay section, so try that and hope you don't get it too often.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)