Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Algus
What's DOS?
Views: 347
Message 1 of 2

x131e questions

Hello all,

Well I have been shopping for a laptop for some time now and I think the x131e is going to be the machine for me but before I pull the trigger I have a few questions

1. planning to install an Xfce environment, either vanilla Debian w/Xfce or Xubuntu.  I only really need a basic email/web browsing/light office use type computer here.  And one I can muck around with a few Linux distros in.  Am I going to be alright if I cut corners by going w/the AMD processor? Does it significantly impair battery life? 

2. I have seen on other posts that RAM and HDD are upgradeable.  I was thinking of going with a regular HDD initially and upping to a SSD aftermarket as I don't really know if I need 128 GB.  I use a chromebook now and I don't even really touch the 16GB internal mem as I am so used to cloud computing at this point

3. Is the battery life rating fairly accurate? 8.5 hours quoted seems quite high to me for a cheaper laptop.  I'd be very happy if I could push it that long

4. How is fan noise on the x131e? Does it get very noisy or hot? 

Thanks in advance for any responses! Smiley Happy 

cheisinger
What's DOS?
Views: 257
Message 2 of 2

Re: x131e questions

1) can't help you there.

2) you should be fine using any combination of HDD, RAM, Processor for what you want to do.

3) that does seem a bit high, but it's prob close. I don't really use them, but I do service and maintain 500 of them for this school year, but i never looked into the battery since we have 1 year warrenty and get newer model laptops each school year.

4) The fan is not noisey, it is quiet and i havn't had any cases of it getting hot and overheating.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors