04-12-2016

US

47 Signins

500 Page Views

• Views: 500
  • Message 1 of 3

x131e will not boot after being shut down properly

2019-09-24, 16:02 PM

I have an x131e that when it’s switched on won’t come on but the red power light that is the dot above the “i” in “Thinkpad” will flash on and off, the screen stays blank and nothing seems to happen. However, If I then hold the power button for 15 seconds to shut it down and then boot it, it will start properly, although the red light does flash on and off once before the machine starts to boot up and the red light comes on and stays on.

The funny thing is, the bad start up seems to occur only after the machine has been shut down properly using the proper shut down procedure. Weird. If I shut it down mid-startup by holding the power button, then restart, it works fine then, also.

I took the hard drive out of the machine and put it in a different x131e with the same specs and it worked just fine. (The red light did not flash on and off before booting.)

Does anyone have any idea what's causing this?

Thanks.

Options

25 Posts

05-24-2019

US

41 Signins

218 Page Views

• Views: 218
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: x131e will not boot after being shut down properly

2019-10-11, 19:46 PM

Hello Meatwork,

Thanks for posting in.

We'd check the user manual for ThinkPad X131e here https://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/x131e_ug_en.pdf for us to know what does the blinking red in system status indicator means, and we can see here that there are four indicator's meaning.

The meaning of the indicator is as follows:
• Red: The computer is on (in normal mode).
• Fast blinking red: The computer is entering sleep or hibernation mode.
• Slow blinking red: The computer is in sleep mode.
• Off: The computer is off or in hibernation mode.

We'd like to know if it's fast blinking or slow blinking red?

Regards.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

25 Posts

04-12-2016

US

47 Signins

500 Page Views

• Views: 500
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: x131e will not boot after being shut down properly

2019-11-07, 20:42 PM

Sorry for the delay in replying. The email notification I received somehow went into the Junk folder and I have just noticed it now.

To answer your question, I would say it is slow blinking.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save