Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

02-09-2009

Chicago, IL, USA

3 Signins

18 Page Views

• Views: 18
  • Message 1 of 1

x200 Vista x64 Conexant HD 221 Unsigned Driver. Version 4.76.0.0

2009-02-10, 0:19 AM

I currently on hold with Lenovo suport... going on 1 hour 10 mintues now. The issue is that after I ran system update and downloaded the alstes audio drivers. (4.76.00, 11-5-2008) Vista x64 Requires signed drivers, and this driver is apparently not signed as vista will not load the driver.

When I use F8 at boot up and select "disable driver signing validation" the driver loads and everything is fine.

I would love to roll back the driver install, but that doesn't work (think the roll back point wasn't set right... *sigh*)

I asked for an older (working) version of the driver & I got told that I need to re-image. That doesn't seem too reasonable now does it?

Can someone from levono pass on this info as I believe the "Tech" person didn't quite understand what I was talking about, since she asked me to replace my speakers as a suggested resolution. The 4.76.0.0 version of the driver needs to be checked for a valid signature.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms