Did you mean: 
alphalogin
Not applicable
Views: 1,331
Message 1 of 3

x200 WiFi 5100 missing

Hello everyone,

I got one set "X200 7458CTO",

there is Intel WiFi 5100 wireless card buildin machine.

the WiFi used works good for the first month, till one time i using sleep mode instead of shut-down mode at the night, then the second day when i boot my machine, the WiFi LED under LCD does light,(the wireless switch is always On), and the equipment got a yellow [?] in device manager, then i reboot machine(complete reboot, not sleep), it disappear in device manager, it's missing in my machine, looks like i didn't have this hardware equipment. then i reboot, it surprise me that it come back, and works good.

this happen for serval times, and it happen more high frequency recently, even this WiFi card is gone for whole this week.

btw:

im using 12.4 version 5100 wifi driver from intel website also PROSet software installed on my machine.

BIOS i have update to newest lease 3.08 version.

Power manager/driver also is newest version 1.60

Hotkey feature is the newest release on Lenovo website

im guessing is the problem happen with power manager of 5100

anybody have any idea i can try,  any suggestion will be appreciate

thanks for attention on my question,

billbolton
Not applicable
Views: 1,306
Message 2 of 3

Re: x200 WiFi 5100 missing

alphalogin wrote:

im using 12.4 version 5100 wifi driver from intel website also PROSet software installed on my machine.

Have you tried uninstalling the Intel driver package and installing the Lenovo 5100 driver for the X200?

If not, you definitely need to try that toi see if the problem persists.

Cheers,

Bill

------------------------------
I don't work for Lenovo
alphalogin
Not applicable
Views: 1,293
Message 3 of 3

Re: x200 WiFi 5100 missing

thank you billbolton, i have tryed both install/uninstall intel/lenovo wireless driver package.

yesterday evening, i wanna to unassemble my x200 laptop according the tech-training video on levono website to disconnect 5100 from mother board, but when 4 screw for keyboard was unassemble, and i power on the machine, the wireless come back, i actually did nothing. even the wire of keyboard is still connect, just disassemble the 4 screw

and the i have test wifi works both after power stand-by/sleep/reboot, it was amazing, i still don't know what happen inside.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors