Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
hauget
Blue Screen Again
Views: 719
Message 1 of 3

x201 broken exterior for heatsink... ideas for repair?

Hi everyone. I've had my trusty x201 for a while now and the other day someone dropped it and broke the outer cage protecting the thermal heatsink (pics below). Any ideas/suggestions on what I could do to protect it or repair it? I tried using something called Sugru but that didnt last... 

Cheers.

Pictures: http://imgur.com/a/WwY1b#0

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 703
Message 2 of 3

Re: x201 broken exterior for heatsink... ideas for repair?

That side of the base will be weakened. I would go slowly when opening or closing the lid, hoping not to have the corner break around the hinge mounting. The "repair" is to replace the base. If I were fixing it to sell, I would do the repair, but if I were the one using it, I wouldn't repair it unless it got worse.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
hauget
Blue Screen Again
Views: 697
Message 3 of 3

Re: x201 broken exterior for heatsink... ideas for repair?

Thx for the feedback. The rest of the area is still, surprisingly, pretty strong and has not been weakened at all. I'm still keeping it but I might sell it in the future. IMHO, the repair of the base ($20-$40?) isn't justified yet. I guess I'm just looking if something can be done at all about the situation. Again, thanks for the feedback!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors