10-19-2010 09:17 PM
10-19-2010 11:00 PM
10-20-2010 01:53 AM
Guys, you must be joking. All that I can see here are just information, based on which I cannot test anything.
Can someone of you check the Evnet log to make sure if there is not some entry, or at least some other information, on how it's possible to get this situation reproduced.
Althought this thread is long like the week before Christmas, but no exactly valid information.
Would like to help, but based on this it's not possible.
10-20-2010 05:16 AM
just check in the Computer management in your Event log, if you see there any comment in the application, system or security part.
As this situation happend randomly (as I understand) then there is no point in having some debuging tool started, as within 1 hour such a debug tool vimm nake 1000-of pages of log, which will take ages to debug. So in this case I assume the best would be to check the Windows Even tolg.
10-20-2010 06:13 AM
Ok, I went into my Windows Logs, then I see there are Application, Security, Setup, System, Forwarded Event, I saw under Application, there are lots and lots of Error being shown in Level?!?!?!?
Please do provide me more info!! THX!
10-20-2010 12:36 PM
since this instant power off really IS instant, nothing is logged AT ALL!, so tell me what you want me to show your from event log.. things starting up? lol
it really is like you remove battery and AC, POOF!
but today.. a whole day of normal usage.. wheeeee! and no i didn't do anything, just have a lucky lenovo day
10-20-2010 08:18 PM
10-20-2010 11:31 PM
I just had one this morning. Here is the info from event log and netlogon
Event Log: 6008
One symptom I experienced for random shutdown are the follow 2 issues, not sure whether others has the same.
1) power cord attached (over heat problem), I'll try to update the ThinkVantage software and BIOS.
2) Outlook is downloading email. 9 out of 10 times, it's due to download of a email with larger than 5Mb size attachment. For no known reason, it will shut off the computer AT THAT EMAIL. Once I remove it from the server, everything is fine.
I hope issue two can provide some insight. Look forward to see this problem solved! Thank you.