Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dziubu
Paper Tape
Views: 888
Message 1 of 6

x201i problem with adding devices and connecting with them via Bluetooth

I have a new notebook x201i Windows 7, Bluetooth is installed and working, the icon is on but I cannot connect with external devices like mobile phones. The system finds them but does not enable files exchange. I'm getting the error message like Could not connect with the device or Could not find the right driver for the external device. I have reinstalled the driver from Lenovo support page, no results Smiley Sad any ideas? Please help...

Vince69
Bit Torrent
Views: 833
Message 2 of 6

Re: x201i problem with adding devices and connecting with them via Bluetooth

hello mate,

If you do a right click on the bluetooth icon on the taskbar and go to open settings you've got a tab called share. check if the box allow remote devices to browse, send, and receive pictures, music, and other files is ticked.

You can also try to connect from your phone to your computer I know for my nokia 3720c is the easiest way because sometimes my computer don't want to connect to the phone but the other way works all the time.

What kind of phone do you want to connect ?

__________________________________________________________________________________

Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves, or we know where we can find information on it.

ThinkPad T510 4313-CTO Windows 8 x64 - Intel Core i7-620M - NVIDIA NVS 3100M - 8GB RAM - 240GB SSD- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 - Gobi 2000.
ThinkPad Helix 3697-CTO Windows 8.1 x64 - Intel Core i7-3667U - Intel HD Graphics 4000 - 8GB RAM- 256GB SSD - Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 - Ericsson C5621gw

dziubu
Paper Tape
Views: 807
Message 3 of 6

hey, I failed while connecting Nokia E71 and succeeded with Samsung Corby of my daughter. It seems my system (Windows 7 32 bit Professional) lacks the Nokia E71 driver which is weird because Nokia support shows E71 as completely compatible with Windows 7 without the necessity of installing drivers. Well, could not find any E71 drivers anyway...Please help if you can Smiley Happy

Thanks

Vince69
Bit Torrent
Views: 792
Message 4 of 6

Try to install nokia ovi suite. You can find it there: http://europe.nokia.com/support/download-software/nokia-ovi-suite/compatibility-and-download 

Normally it will install the drivers you need.

Hope that helps... 

__________________________________________________________________________________

Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves, or we know where we can find information on it.

ThinkPad T510 4313-CTO Windows 8 x64 - Intel Core i7-620M - NVIDIA NVS 3100M - 8GB RAM - 240GB SSD- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 - Gobi 2000.
ThinkPad Helix 3697-CTO Windows 8.1 x64 - Intel Core i7-3667U - Intel HD Graphics 4000 - 8GB RAM- 256GB SSD - Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 - Ericsson C5621gw

dziubu
Paper Tape
Views: 738
Message 5 of 6

OK, the problem is solved. I tried to use the previous post solution and it finally worked! I have searched the devices from the mobile phone, then connected to the laptop and now it works perfectly Smiley Happy 

Thanks to all that helped or wanted to help!

Cheers Woman Happy

BigBossMan
Token Ring
Views: 671
Message 6 of 6

I would add one thing. Sometimes Windows 7 might show an exclamation point next to a device, but it could still be connected. It depends which features are active. My iPhone has this issue with the exclamation point, but I can still play music and take phone calls through Bluetooth. Sometimes, my Bluetooth mouse can interfere with the stream though.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors