Did you mean: 
John4022
Fanfold Paper
Views: 596
Message 1 of 2

x220 and x230 not booting at all

Hey again,

This is my third thread on this topic.

So I had an x220 which did not boot anything after a BIOS update and I assumed that the problem will be solved by buying a new laptop (x230) at the nearest shop. So I went and did, I tried my USB drive at the store and it did boot up. The HDD they wanted to sell it with booted up as well, everything like a charm.

I came home, and tried my other HDD (from the x220) and while it could see it, the same problem arose. I could not boot up the HDD (even though my main PC can) and now I could not boot up the USB as well.

Does anyone have an idea what might be the problem? Is it the HDD, or is it possible that the Thinkpad sees it as bootable but unable to boot? Then why would the USB do not boot up as well?

Thanks in advance. Getting really anxious about all this.

John4022
Fanfold Paper
Views: 554
Message 2 of 2

Re: x220 and x230 not booting at all

Mods, please close this.

The problem was bad memory, one of the newly purchased ones were corrupted for some reason. Still showed up in the BIOS and the diagnostics did not find anything. In the x220 the system got bricked as well, so that was mostly a goner. The main thing was the memory, it simply did not boot with a bad memory even though there was usable, good memory.

Thanks for everyone who helped me out.

Cheers,

John

Top Kudoed Authors