Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tweep0
What's DOS?
Views: 3,092
Message 81 of 155

Re: x220 does not resume from sleep

Just an update.

So the problem returned.  But it only occured when I left the system on sleep for a few minues (and usually when placed on standby by closing the lid of the laptop.. not with the sleep button.  The only way I could prevent this problem was to remove the memory I installed and it's been fine since (did multiple sleeps throughout the day and so far so good).

I'm not sure iif it's a compatability issue or if the 4GB Corsair DDR3 1333 memory just was defective, but it seems ok now.  I'll let everyone know if this returns even with the stock hardware.

sakowitzm
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,071
Message 82 of 155

Nine:  No progress.  I took out the RAM and reinstalled; no change.

I'm going to contact Lenovo on this, and now my left mouse button is acting up.

Oh, and the entire keyboard freezes a couple of times each hour, for about 10 seconds each time.

Really, really, unhappy with my brand new x220.  Should have stayed with the five year old x61s.  )-;

sakowitzm

Highlighted
Former Employee
Views: 3,031
Message 83 of 155

hi sakowitzm,

I'm really sory to hear that the suggestions made here have been unsuccesful. I understand how frustrating this could be. I spoke to our engineering side over the weekend and they tried to replicate your issues, but they were unsuccessful to replicate. We came to the conclusion that your issue maybe one of a kind and this could be related to the fault of the motherboard. In this case I would highly suggest that you contact the Lenovo support as they will be able to advise you according. I do appologise for the the trouble you wen through, as in this case Contacting the support team is the next best option left. 

Do let me knkow how it goes:-)

@ all, should you be facing issues where by your machine is not able wake from sleep. Please follow the options mentioned below.

1) Update your bios and update the intel ME firmware to the latest. This can be found @ http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS018805

2) if issues still persist, please check the installed RAMS or he secondary RAM installed as in some cases it has been found cause the interuptions. Try running with only 4GB rams frist to check if problem still persist.

3) If both of the above fails Please contact Support as te support teams will able to advise according on the next course of action.

Regards.

habamax
Paper Tape
Views: 3,019
Message 84 of 155

I understand this is very hard to reproduce but please don't give up!

It only happens when my laptop is on battery  power and I didn't touch it for quite a long time - more than 12 hours.

Usually I have IntelliJ Idea loaded and crome with bunch of webpages opened -- it means that a lot of memory is consumed.

Hope it'll help.

Former Administrator
Views: 2,956
Message 85 of 155

Nine's post is marked as the solution to guide customers to update the BIOS and the Intel ME.   Not sure that will be solution for all, so we will monitor the discussion here and unmark the solution if this does not resolve.

Mark

sakowitzm
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,916
Message 86 of 155

Update:  Called Lenovo technical support on Thursday and the tech quickly agreed that my problems (major ones: won't wake from sleep, keyboard freezes up, left mouse button clicks on its own, randomly) were not software (I had already updated the BIOS and power management, per NINE.

Tech went right to solution: replace keyboard and replace motherboard.

Paid $39 on the spot to upgrade warranty to in-house.  Alas, motherboard not in stock, so that was useless.  Motherboard said to be about a month on backorder.  After googling, suspect it will much longer than that.  So I wait...

sakowitzm

Former Administrator
Views: 2,850
Message 87 of 155

sakowitzm,

I don't think it will be a month - we had a backlog on X220 systemboards earlier this year (Jan / Feb) due to a particular chip issue we working through (not same symptom as what you have).   All service parts are updated at this point.

Can you PM your service case number to me?

I'll see what we can do to move this along.

Thanks

Mark

sakowitzm
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,804
Message 88 of 155

Update:

New keyboard installed by local tech on Thursday 5/31.

In minimal use since then (today is Saturday), problem (left mouse key working on its own) still occurs.  Possibly less frequently, but I haven't done any continuous keyboard work.

I'll keep this for now, and see if maybe the new motherboard solves this keyboard problem.  Hoping this isn't just a lemon of an X220.

habamax
Paper Tape
Views: 2,758
Message 89 of 155

Update:

BIOS is 1.29.

With Fedora 16 and its latest linux kernel I had this issue once in a week.

2 weeks ago I have installed Ubuntu 12.04 and since then this issue didn't show up.

So far so good.

garygolden
Paper Tape
Views: 2,749
Message 90 of 155

@habamax,

What's kernel version you run on Ubuntu?
Also, what's pm-utils version?

I have this problem too, it's really annoying and causes data being in cache before sleep lost

I do hope lenovo technicans won't let the problem exist for a long time. Many people are affected.
Top Kudoed Authors