Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sgupta1717
Paper Tape
Views: 1,164
Message 131 of 155

Re: x220 does not resume from sleep

Cool.  I upgraded the Intel Management Engine's firmware from 7.1.13.1088 to 7.1.60.1193.  Let's see how it goes.  Thanks.

sgupta1717
Paper Tape
Views: 1,131
Message 132 of 155

Upgrading didn't solve the problem.  It's still happening to me, mostly after moving my computer around.  I've tried to let my computer sit still for a minute before resuming from sleep, but even that didn't solve the problem.  If you read earlier posts, people are saying the cause is a faulty motherboard.  I'm going to call Lenovo even though I'm past the one year mark.  They should own up to this mistake.

salmontes
Paper Tape
Views: 1,093
Message 133 of 155

So 8 days and $575.00 later... 

My laptop is back in my hands, back from Memphis, Tennessee and it is working!

Motherboard has been replaced (go figure). Not sure if it is a new board or a refurb but it's back and I feel like a kid on Christmas morning. Smiley Happy

Now I wonder if I'd be able to discover what the manufacturers date is on the board. Maybe I don't want to know that way I'm not counting the days. My expectation is that I have at least another year. I have a 90 day warranty on the replacement part too so there's some comfort in that.

I didn't want to bring this up now but I had a question to pose to anyone willing to reply...

Should I hope it doesn't happen again and keep it OR perhaps sell it and upgrade to another model? Of course declaring the part had been replaced. 

It worked great for me before but there are newer models out like the Yoga 13. Thoughts??

And thanks for reading!

salmontes
Paper Tape
Views: 1,090
Message 134 of 155

Few more thoughts...

I'd never mishandled the laptop, never dropped it but I had every so often opened the lid more forcefully than I should have and carried it, while open, from the lid. Perhaps some component on the board acted as though the lid were closed.

I'm hesitant to apply any Lenovo updates now that's it back working as well but will get to them eventually. I'll post if something significant happens.

Thanks again.
AdamAmodeo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 968
Message 135 of 155

Just got my x220i back from having the techs at a head office look at it. They decided that nothing is wrong with the hardware, and the problem is that the trackpad is being touched when the laptop jostles, which wakes the computer while it's closed, the battery gets to a critical level, and upon opening it cycles through the beeps. Has anyone had this happen with the trackpad disabled? Why would the laptop not just turn off like it does when the battery reaches critical level lid open? Does this smell like BS to anyone else? They managed to wait out the warranty, and now all that has changed is my original systemboard was replaced the first time it was sent in, probably with a refurb. What do you guys think?

sakowitzm
Fanfold Paper
Views: 960
Message 136 of 155

Definitely think your instincts are right -- this is either outright BS or they just don't have a better answer and they're guessing.

AdamAmodeo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 939
Message 137 of 155

The issue has nothing to do with the battery or trackpad. I just had it crash again, trackpad disabled, on reboot there was 98% battery remaining. I think it's faulty systemboards being replaced with refurbished faulty systemboards, or a loose battery.

mreid
What's DOS?
Views: 905
Message 138 of 155

I am just joining this thread.  I have had the same exact problem as the rest of you on both an X220 and and X200.  The X200 eventually broke (for other reasons) and was repaired.  Lenovo did not detect this problem when it was repaired.  

Both my X200 and my X220 are really dodgy about resuming from sleep.  This has happened on the X200 with an SSD and later with an HDD.  It happens on the X220 with the HDD.  There doesn't seem to be any correlation with disk type, battery freshness, battery charge, etc.  This happened with both computers within weeks of getting them from the factory.  

I've just totally given up on sleeping them.  This is making me seriously consider trying another brand, after being a happy Lenovo customer for my last three laptops.  

sgupta1717
Paper Tape
Views: 891
Message 139 of 155

I talked to Lenovo and tried to convince them that this is a broadly reported issue (just check out this thread).  They said they can't do anything about it unless I'm under warranty (I'm not any longer) or if a formal recall is issued.  I can't believe Lenovo would just abandon us like this.  Extremely frustrating, and none of the solutions mentioned in this thread work.  It seems it's a hardware issue.

jankiel
Paper Tape
Views: 867
Message 140 of 155

I fixed it and I thought it was fixed by bios nad Intel ME firmware update.

Anyhow I had no problems for several month - until my hdd crashed.

With exchanging the hdd and a fresh Windows 7 the problem came back.

Looks like a driver/software issue for me - even if users with linux wrote they had the same issue.

Top Kudoed Authors