Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user6
802.11n
Views: 2,007
Message 151 of 155

Re: x220 does not resume from sleep

Thank you for advice. Unexpectedly appeared after kernel update&efibootmgr usage problem is resolved now.

Thought about hardware problem and was about goin' to service, but found out that efivars is the reason.

ch_123
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,965
Message 152 of 155

I also had this problem (I use Arch Linux) and freeing up the EFI space fixed my problem. Thank you very much!

sgupta1717
Paper Tape
Views: 1,897
Message 153 of 155

Amazingly, this problem hasn't happened in a long time, and I haven't done anything consciously.  Perhaps one of the updates (either Windows or Lenovo) along the way solved the problem.  Has anyone else noticed that the problem disappeared?

mriber85
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,804
Message 154 of 155

Hi.

I have the same problem on my Lenovo W520 (4284-49G).

When returning from sleep the 3 LEDs on the lid flashes (Leep, power and the one i don't know what is (square with 3 dots in it))

I have no other option than removing the battery.

Right before the Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power critical error in my Sytem log i have 

Application popup:  : \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\vfilter.sys failed to load

I'm running Windows 7 64bit.

defthand
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,726
Message 155 of 155

Hello all,

I would just like to contribute that I, too, have been experiencing this problem with my X220 Tablet (4294, Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, 8GB RAM, Core i7vPro). I have had it for a year and a half, and this problem never occurred until several days ago. Now, whenever the computer is on, closing the lid (and thereby enacting sleep mode) means I will have to press the power button and get the error screen again (windows did not shut down correctly or whatever).

Additionally, when it goes into this pseudo-sleep mode, the fan sometimes (OK, I think sometimes, but I only just noticed this) does not shut off.

Does anyone have any further answers to this problem? Is there a motherboard replacement possibility for a computer that is out of warranty? Because mine is expired and I use this computer on the go almost every day (I'm a college student).

PS, I may have missed something when I was reading this forum, because there are 16 pages of it, so please excuse me if I ask something that has already been answered.

Top Kudoed Authors