Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vicentiu
Token Ring
Views: 3,928
Message 1 of 6

x230 brightness controls don't work after resuming from sleep/hibernate

Sometimes the brightness controls don't work after resuming from sleep/hibernate... meaning that I can't lower or increase the brightness.

All other Fn operations work (webcam controls, projector options, wifi, lock screen), so it's not the Fn button.

Volume +/- also works.

I have to reboot to get them working again.

Any suggestions?

thanks

joncordova
802.11n
Views: 3,916
Message 2 of 6

Re: x230 brightness controls don't work after resuming from sleep/hibernate

Happens to me all the time. Nothing I've tried works to fix it, although I've never been brave enough to update the BIOS.

But, the controls usually wake up if I close and reopen the lid.

RobAC
Punch Card
Views: 3,893
Message 3 of 6

re: BIOS update- It's really simple.

Go to Think Vantage Tools. Click on Update and Drivers. If there is a BIOS update it finds it and downloads it and then installs it for you. Just follow the on screen prompts.

I just did this yesterday and it works fine even when I had the fingerprint verification set because the system reboots to do the BIOS install.

As for the screen brightness issue- I assume you have tried all the updates. Otherwise I personally have not encountered this issue. I just set it at 3 when on battery and 4 when plugged in and do not touch it after that. Sorry.

Rob

Former Employee
Views: 3,873
Message 4 of 6

Hi all,

thanks for posting and sorry to hear about the issues your facing. I noticed that some of you are unsure on how to update the BIOS. Using the Lenovo update is a great way of updating your BIOS and this is best fit for those that are not comfortable in updating manually. But if you are comfortable please check the instruction below.

Capture21.JPG

Just to help you out further the link below is a link to download the BIOS needed.

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS029187

Hope this helps and do let us once you've made the chages.

regards

vicentiu
Token Ring
Views: 3,702
Message 5 of 6

I recently updated the Power Manager and driver and I'm seeing this issue again, except closing and reopening the lid doesn't work anymore.

Only rebooting works. I tried restarting the power management related services, but that didn't help.

Any ideas? Anyone else experiencing this?
vicentiu
Token Ring
Views: 3,699
Message 6 of 6

Another detail.... the on screen display bar shows up and the numbers representing the brightness change up and down accordingly, but the brightness doesn't change
Top Kudoed Authors