Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
henrich
Paper Tape
Views: 4,907
Message 1 of 3

x230 mSATA - bootable?

I bought mSATA SSD to speed up my x230, I planned to install OS and most used programs on SSD and keep HDD as data storage, but I have problems with OS installation (Win10) to SSD and booting ntb from this SSD. Is there some problem (i read somewhere that this mSATA is not bootable what sounds pretty stupid to me)? Is somewhere step-by-step instruction how to install windows on mSATA? Thanks...

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 4,902
Message 2 of 3

Re: x230 mSATA - bootable?

It is bootable.  You need to make sure the bootloader is also on it.  First, back up any needed user data.  The easiest way is wipe the mSATA drive or remove all partitions.  Clear the 2.5" drive and  remove it from the machine, and then do an install with the mSATA as the only drive in the machine.  Install the 2.5"drive and it will be a data drive.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
henrich
Paper Tape
Views: 4,827
Message 3 of 3

Re: x230 mSATA - bootable?

On the third attempt it worked. Thanks for the answer (and encouragement to re-try it once again)...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors