Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bjohnson3
Fanfold Paper
Views: 359
Message 1 of 3

x230 not using USB 3.0 with DisplayLink

Hello, hopefully someone can help with this, since the issue persists. I am using the USB 3.0 Ultradock, but the 3.0 docks on the x230 are not working properly.

Do I need to delete the generic USB 2.0 hubs?  As a sysadmin, I know better, but I am so incredibly angry that Lenovo can't address such a simple issue that I'm willing to try anything at this point.  Next step, of course, is to find a bloatware-free laptop that doesn't require 3 different update wizards (Windows, Lenovo, OEM) to operate, but since it's 2017 that may well be impossible so I'd better solve this problem (again) while I'm searching.

My x230 is using the default Windows drivers (dated 2006) and the generic USB 2.1 hub.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 358
Message 2 of 3

Re: x230 not using USB 3.0 with DisplayLink

Hello and welcome,

It may help others to help you if you provide some detail as to what you mean by "not working properly".

regards,

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

bjohnson3
Fanfold Paper
Views: 321
Message 3 of 3

Re: x230 not using USB 3.0 with DisplayLink

Hello,

Using USBTreeView, I can see that the dock is utilizing USB 2.0 and 2.1, not 3.0.  Potentially related, I regularly see extended, excessive CPU usage (25-40%) by the DisplayLinkManager and DisplayLinkUserAgent processes.

I can also say that after rebooting, the dock was using the Intel 3.0 USB drivers, so this is most likely an issue that arises after the laptop sleeps.

Thanks,
Brian

Top Kudoed Authors