Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

01-10-2013

West Virginia

7 Signins

27 Page Views

• Views: 27
  • Message 1 of 1

x230 stylus not working in Photoshop on Windows 8

2013-05-25, 20:11 PM

I've been using Adobe Photoshop CS6 for several months now, since I got my computer. It worked just fine on Windows 7, the operating system that was on my device. However, after I installed Windows 8 (on a separate hard drive partition), the stylus does not work correctly. I can only paint/erase/edit in any way one pixel at a time, and then Photoshop stops responding to touch input. When I go to use the mouse, it jumps and makes a huge line all the way across the screen to seemingly random points. I realise that I could just switch to the other hard drive to use Photoshop, but that seems like an awfully lot of hassle just to draw. I'm going to try a few more things after posting this, but if anyone else has experienced or found a solution to this problem, I'd like to know. 

System Detalis:

Model: 3434 CTO

Operating System: Windows 8

Screen type: Wide-view 1366x768 Gorilla Glass (the one that supports only stylus input, not multitouch)

As far as I know, I have all the drivers related to this from Lenovo installed. I'll edit this if I find a solution or some detail I missed about the problem.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms