cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jktmedia
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,507
Message 1 of 28

x230 with windows 7 still won't connect to any bluetooth devices after many attempted solutions

My starting point:

I have 6 month old x230 with windows 7, all windows and lenovo updates already completed.  The bluetooth logo exists on the bottom of screen but when I try to "add device" it doesn't recognize any bluetooth devices.  I've tried this with speakers from 3 different companies.  I have updated the bluetooth drivers, the windows and lenovo programs say "device is working properly".  Nothing wierd in device manager.  I have  microsoft bluetooth enumerator and thinkpad bluetooth 4.0.  One time for about 30 minutes it worked on a ECOXGEAR bluetooth speaker but then also stopped.

Since then:

I enabled settings in BT control panel, BT is enabled in BIOS, BT wireless on, have tried to rollback driver to previous versions of BT but not possible, devices still do not show up in Add new device window. 

Latest update:

I have uninstalled the lenovo bluetooth software following a suggestion and now my laptop no longer has bluetooth capacity at all - it seems when uninstallig the lenovo bluetooth sw the microsoft sw uninstalls as well.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,484
Message 2 of 28

Re: x230 with windows 7 still won't connect to any bluetooth devices after many attempted solutions

Seems BT audio profiles your speakers need are absent in the sw installed on the laptop. Try BlueSoleli or Toshiba BT drivers, both of them might have needed audio profiles. Toshiba stack seems a bit better quality but needs some tweaks for installation.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

jktmedia
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,472
Message 3 of 28

Re: x230 with windows 7 still won't connect to any bluetooth devices after many attempted solutions

Thanks for reply. Seems BlueSoleli is not free and Toshiba site says their BT sw is no longer compatible with non Toshiba hardware. Not sure I want to pay for product I'm not sure will work, especially as the BT in my laptop is supposed to work!
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,465
Message 4 of 28

Toshiba drivers have to support our laptops (x220, x230) BT daughter cards (Broadcom, I hope?). Just add your card USB IDs into the driver configuration (.inf) file.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

jktmedia
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,457
Message 5 of 28

Thanks.  Where can I find card USB IDs you refer to?  I downloaded the Toshiba software and tried to install (without add ing the IDs into .inf file), did not succedd.  During installation process Toshiba software asked me to turn speaker on (using at moment Headrush portable bluetooth speaker) which I did but software or laptop did not recognize that bt speaker was turned on.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,447
Message 6 of 28

Control Panel, BT Device properties, Details tab, Property list, Hardware ID.
But since you've removed (?) drivers you might not see BT device, only unknown device is there. In any case, it has IDs you need.

jktmedia
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,444
Message 7 of 28

I reinstalled BT drivers and software which brought back same 2 devices in device manager - microsoft bt enumerator and thinkpad bt 4.0.  When I go to those device properties, details tab, property list and hardware IDs each of them has different.  The microsoft has: BTH\MS_BTHBRB.  The Lenovo has two: USB\VID_0A5C&PID_21E6&REV_0112 and USB\VID_0A5C&PID_21E6.  Furthermore when I go to Control Panel, BT Device properties it shows two Peripheral Devices (unknown) - one has 4 items (BT AV remote control target, BT AV , BT Handsfree etc... and the other has 6 similar items.  Each of those has different IDs for example

BTHENUM\{0000110b-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb}_LOCALMFG&000f and

BTHENUM\{0000111e-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb}_LOCALMFG&000f

How do I know which ID to use?

Highlighted
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,438
Message 8 of 28

...and if you'll look at the list via powershell you'll see more then 15 devices BT related.

You need USB\VID_0A5C&PID_21E6.
REV_0012 means hw revision and doesn't matter in your case.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,436
Message 9 of 28

Did you face such unknown devices earlier?

jktmedia
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,428
Message 10 of 28

This is the first time I am having this type of problem with any type of laptop.  Thanks for the info re IDs.  How do I add USB\VID_0A5C&PID_21E6 into the driver configuration (.inf) file? The driver file I downloaded from Toshiba is exe. file and auto-runs.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors