cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jktmedia
Fanfold Paper
Views: 549
Message 21 of 28

Re: x230 with windows 7 still won't connect to any bluetooth devices after many attempted solutions

I added the lines as you explained. However when I tried to save the file and replace the existing I got a "Access is denied" window.  I am running system as Administrator already.  About your #3 -  I understand the sw problem is not Lenovo's but Broadcom's, but I bought my laptop from Lenovo, less than a year ago.  If the BT sw that they put into their laptops doesn't work they should change what they put inside - I mean why put sw that is known to not work in the laptop, especially an important function like BT?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 541
Message 22 of 28

Re: x230 with windows 7 still won't connect to any bluetooth devices after many attempted solutions

Copy the driver to another folder ("My documents", for example) edit, then past to the original place and overwrite the old one.

Why did you decide "BT sw doesn't work"? There are thousands of BT devices on the market. Definitely, not all of them are 100% compaible. Who is ulprit if each developer claims "my device is compatible"?

Again, BT devices and drivers are very capricious because of the number supported profiles. Cheap BT card (like Broadcom in x220/230) has a restricted functionality and number of profiles. But that satisfies of the BT Special Interest Group specification!

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

jktmedia
Fanfold Paper
Views: 528
Message 23 of 28

Hi, it worked!  Thank you so much I learnt alot. You are right it seems Toshiba only good for 30 days... Not sure what to do now. 

I understand developers can claim devices compatible and then turns out they are not or flawed, this is wrong of them.  But if there was a problem with product why continue to use it in the productLenovo sells? This BT problem seems to exists with x220 and x230 and I am guessing the x240 as well.   Why is it still being purchased by Lenovo to be put in their laptps?   If Intel made a graphics adaptor that didn't work on certain Thinkpad models or if Ricoh makes an imaging device that doesn't work, Lenovo should stop putting these parts or software in their computers. Or test these things before selling?  I paid Lenovo $1,300  - not Microsoft, Ricoh, Broadcom, Intel. If I had the lknowledge perhaps I could build my own laptop and I would choose parts and sw that were all compatible.  Again this isn't a software needing update problem or a automatic fix - this is a flaw in the product - actually neither Lenovo nor Broadcom provided permanent solution.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 521
Message 24 of 28

Glad to see success.

I'm afraid you still don't understand what does it mean - BT profile drivers. There are different vendors of BT drivers stack, they produce different drivers with profiles set (i.e.driver features). Toshiba is one of the lead, licenses its API, produces its own profile drivers with one of the biggest profiles set. If anyone BT device needs standard, but specific profile, thare aren't warranty every profile drivers supports such device. But they still remain standard profile drivers!

How can you describe the sound quality with Toshiba drivers?

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

jktmedia
Fanfold Paper
Views: 516
Message 25 of 28

The quality of sound so far is good, similar to when I have it connected via audio cable.  The range is OK as expected.  at the moment I'm just using the Headrush speaker, I will try later with some phones and other items.  I am still stuck with a 30 day solution though.  Do you know of any freeware that I can use instead?

You are right I still do not understand BT profile drivers.  I view the issue as I bought a product  that has some parts that do not work sometimes. After it is discovered these parts sometime don't work, Lenovo continues to have these parts in their products.  You mention Toshiba is one of the lead - why doesn't Lenovo put their profile drivers in their laptops, or any other reputable company with proven reliable products?  If some vendors are known to have made false claims of compatibility, why use them?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 505
Message 26 of 28

The short answer - because of Toshiba stack isn't free for BT cards, dongles, laptops vendors.

jktmedia
Fanfold Paper
Views: 482
Message 27 of 28

So tomorrow I could buy another Lenovo laptop, and there coud be the exact same problem.  There are no solutions Lenovo as the supplier of the end product could provide? The whole situation is nonsinsical to me. In any case do you know of any freeware I could use to replace my 30 Toshiba trial period?  Thanks

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 473
Message 28 of 28

Look at the PM service here (envelop icon on the upper right corner of the window)

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors