Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jktmedia
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,349
Message 1 of 8

x230 with windows 7 won't connect to any bluetooth devices

I have 6 month old x230 with windows 7, all updates already completed, windows and thinkpad updates.  The bluetooth logo exists on the bottom of screen but when I try to "add device" it doesn't recognize bluetooth devices.  have tried this with speakers from 3 different companies.  I have updated the bluetooth drivers, and windows and lenovo programs say "device is working properly".  Nothing wierd in device manager.  I have  microsoft bluetooth enumerator and thinkpad bluetooth 4.0.  One time for about 30 minutes it worked on a ECOXGEAR bluetooth speaker but then also stopped.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,333
Message 2 of 8

Re: x230 with windows 7 won't connect to any bluetooth devices

Enable (temporary) settings in BT Control Panel -> Options tab -> Discovery -> To allow BT devices to find this computer.

If laptop will find BT device and pair, connection will be established, its settings should be saved on laptop and device. Deselect check box.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

jktmedia
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,322
Message 3 of 8

Hi thanks for your reply.  I have already tried this, doesn't work..  Tried right now again, selected box, unslected, tried wth restart - still wont recongnize bluetooth device.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,310
Message 4 of 8

Did you try previous versions of BT sw?
You might try to roll back to them, even to the initial version

UPD

in order to be absolutely sure  - BT device is enabled in the BIOS Setup menu, hw wireless switch is ON, BT is enabled in wireless devices control panel (Fn+F5).

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

r2p2mtl
Token Ring
Views: 2,294
Message 5 of 8

I was trying to solve a similar Bluetooth issue w/ Windows 8 and an x131e in another thread.. I solved it by removing the Lenovo software : ThinkPad Bluetooth with Enhanced Data Rate Software II.

Bluetooth seems to be supported natively by Windows 8 ... not sure about Windows 7.

Russell

jktmedia
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,203
Message 6 of 8

Hi you mean the lenovo or microsoft sw? Assume you mean driver. There is no option to rollback both drivers when I try in the device manager. BT is enabled in BIOS, wireless switch in, BT enabled in Fn+F5. Devices still do not show up in the add device window.
jktmedia
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,203
Message 7 of 8

In device manager bluetooth radios it shows I have microsoft bluetooth enumerator and thinkpad bluetooth. I will remove the lenovo sw completely and see what happens...
jktmedia
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,191
Message 8 of 8

I uninstalled the lenovo bluetooth software and now my laptop no longer has bluetooth capacity at all - it seems when uninstallig the lenovo bluetooth sw the microsoft sw uninstalls as well.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors