cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
31415pi
What's DOS?
Views: 294
Message 1 of 1

x240 mini displayport to 2 hdmi not working (Monoprice MST hub, 15' hdmi x2, 3.5" lcd hdmi x2)

I have a Lenovo x240 with a Core i7-4600U using Intel HD Graphics 4400 and I am attaching a Monoprice MST Hub Mini Displayport to 2 HDMI adapter to the mini display port on the x240. To this I have 15' HDMI cables attached. These are attached to 3.5" HDMI LCD screens on both ports. 

I am unable to drive both monitors simultaneously, either in extending mode, or mirror/cloned mode. I have tried everything; every combination of plugging and unplugging; booting with various states of connection to the displays. Nothing is creating two attached screens both working simultaneously - in any fashion (cloned/extended).

I have tried updating my graphics drivers and bios. I am not sure what the problem is.

The product I am using to split the mDP is a MST Hub:

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=21975

I am looking at the refresh rate criterion, and I am unsure how to allow windows 10 to provide those refresh rates and resolutions for my monitors. (Editing in the display settings -> custom resolution, doesn't affect anything)

Please advise.

##################################

Computer
LENOVO 20AL009CUS

Operating System
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)

Processor
Intel® Core™ i7-4600U CPU @ 2.10GHz

Graphics
Intel® HD Graphics Family

Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio
Intel® Display Audio

Networking and I/O
Intel® Ethernet Connection I218-LM
Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260Update available
Private Internet Access Network Adapter
Npcap Loopback Adapter
Intel® Wireless Bluetooth®Update available

Memory
8 GB

Storage
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB

###########################

monoprice hub specs:
Model21975
TypeMulti-Stream Transport (MST) Hub
Inputs1x Mini DisplayPort 1.2
Outputs2x HDMI®
Maximum Bandwidth21.6 Gbps (total)
Maximum Video Resolution1 Display: 4K@60Hz
2 Displays: 4K@30Hz (each)
Cable Length11.8" (300mm)
Dimensions3.9" x 2.6" x 0.9" (100 x 65 x 22 mm)
System RequirementsComputer with Mini DisplayPort 1.2 output*, up to two monitors with HDMI® input

*Note that Mac® OS X® does not support MST on NVIDIA® or Intel® GPUs.

###############################################

OSOYOO LCD Touch Screen HDMI 3.5" Monitor Display TFT for Raspberry Pi 3 2 Model B Audio Output with Stylus Pen

• This HDMI LCD display resolution is 480*320. It also supports input resolutions up to 1920*1280 resolution. Support adjustable resolution: between 480*320 to 1920*1280 any resolution (recommended 3: 2). Those resolutions higher than 480*320 will be compressed to 480*320 in the LCD display. When resolution is compressed, the screen display ratio might be changed accordingly.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors