Did you mean: 
dmitriyzu
Blue Screen Again
Views: 98
Message 1 of 1

x240 - problem with charging/discharging external battery

Добрый день!

Hello to all!

I have a problem with my x240 - i used it with win10 and in one moment the laptop was discharging very fast, i downloaded from Lenovo support site diagnostic tool and used all tests - battery test shown me external battery problem. I changed it to new FRU 45N1777, in suspend mode with disconnected external power i put off old one and install new one. Turned it on but nothing changed, but battery test finished successfully. External battery not shown, only internal. 

After that i turned off the laptop and reseat battery, reseted bios to default, turned off internal battery in bios and pushed power button for 30 secs - nothing helped.

As win10 has only Lenovo Vantage and it didnt help me, i installed win7 and power manager after. In power manager i can see both batteries, they status are good, but charging/discharging only internal one, external battery has status - No activity and only 7% power.

I tried the experiment - disconnected internal battery from the motherboard, connected external battery and external power - turned on and check in power manager - battery charging! After few hours it has 100%. Connected internal battery, turned on - but charging/discharging only internal battery again! External one in status No activity again Smiley Sad

All drivers and firmwares with latest versions, BIOS latest, charger original 65W, batteries are original.

I really dont know what is this..really strange that power manager shows me that now i have power on my batteries for 8:20 by 2 batteries, but win7 shows me that i have power for only 1:20. 

Does anybody have opinions what is this and what should i do?

Thanks! 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors