cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcsmcsmcs
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,122
Message 1 of 5

x240- won't power up, indicator light blinks green three times- what does that mean?

Hi, my X240 laptop has suddenly stopped turning on. When I press the power button, the indicator light flashes green three times. I've switched out the AC adapter, same result. Can anyone tell me what the three flashes indicate? Is my motherboard fried or is it potentially something else I can troubleshoot?

Thanks!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 4,088
Message 2 of 5

Re: x240- won't power up, indicator light blinks green three times- what does that mean?

First, are you still under warranty?  Many x240 machines are.  If you have warranty remaining call support.  If no warranty, I would pull the main battery, and remove the bottom cover.  If you have the optional internal battery, remove it.  I don't have an x240 to look at, but if I remember correctly, you can unplugg the CMOS battery without removing the motherboard.  Do that.  Turn the machine over and open the case.  Press the power button a couple of times to drain capacitors.  Put it back together and try to start it.  You can also try a different memory stick if you have one.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 4,070
Message 3 of 5

Re: x240- won't power up, indicator light blinks green three times- what does that mean?

IIRC the x240 has an emergency reset hole on the bottom.  No idea if it would help but if you haven't already, give it a try.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

AceMcCloud
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,474
Message 4 of 5

Hi,
I've the same issue. Were you able to troubleshoot and find the problem? Thanks.

a3aan
What's DOS?
Views: 1,327
Message 5 of 5

I have the same problem with my x240. Is there still no sollution for this? Could replacing the CMOS-battery a sollution?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors