Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vojacem
Paper Tape
Views: 1,017
Message 1 of 4

x250 4k via mDP to HDMI

Hello, I try to set 4k on LG 27UD68-W, but I am not successful. I have latest display drivers and latest bios. But still, I may set only FHD. I use mDP to HDMI cable which supports 4k - tried it with MCB. I have WIN10-64b installed (updated from WIN8). I will be thankful for any tips.

EDIT: I think that I am wrong because that cable sends probably information through some thunderbolt fibres. I will buy mDP - DP Lenovo cable and I hope that it will work. I don't have a different device with mDP for testing.

Guru
Views: 957
Message 2 of 4

Re: x250 4k via mDP to HDMI

Could you provide more information about the system configuration on your x250? What processor, graphics, and RAM does your machine have? What kind of mDP to HDMI cable are you suing? 

I see that the monitor you are using supports HDMI 2.0, but I'm not sure if the x250 is going to generate an HDMI 2.0 signal through the mDP to HDMI cable. I hope that the Lenovo mDP-DP cable will work. I will be able to understand the issue better once I have more information. 

X1 Carbon 3rd Gen Type 20BT i7-5500U, 2560x1440 (non-touch), Win 10 Pro, 8GB RAM, 512 SSD, Intel 7625 WiFi, BT 4.0 | ThinkVision P24q-10 monitor

------------------------------------------
When asking for help, post your question in the forum. Remember to include your system type, model number, and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help others with the same question in the future.
vojacem
Paper Tape
Views: 948
Message 3 of 4

It was better to buy dock station and use DP - DP and everything work fine (4k 60Hz). The problem was really in the cable because it is used for Macs and probably works for it because uses some thunderbolt functionality (idk how it works).

charlieficious
What's DOS?
Views: 435
Message 4 of 4

I have the same problem. I am using an x250 laptop (i5-5200U) running on Windows 10 Pro x64. I connected my laptop to an external monitor (LG-29um58-p) which has a max resolution of 2560 x 1080/60 Hz. I can only select 1920 x 1080 as the max resolution. I am using an mDP to HDMI adapter. What could be the problem? The same adapter when used with an x230 laptop gives no problem and can select max resolution. Thanks

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors