Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DailyMail
Fanfold Paper
Views: 655
Message 1 of 3

x260 Docking Issues

Hi, 

I'm coming to this forum, as my quest to have the issue fixed via the Service Desk was unsucessful. 

A number of our users, primarily on the Lenovo x260, one user on the x250, have intermittent issues when undocking their Laptops from their Docks, then re-docking them.

This appears to cause the following;

• USB 3.0 Root Bridge Controller becomes unresponsive, preventing any devices connected to the USB dock from working. (When redocking)

• Wireless Driver fails to engage, preventing users from being able to access their Wireless Networks. (When undocking)
 (Configuration on the Lenovo devices disables Wireless on some devices when an Ethernet connection is detected.)

When this happens, the only way that appears to be able to fix the problem is to perform a complete restart of the device, attempting to manipulate the affected drivers in Device Manager crashes the Windows service.

Graphics Driver: 20.19.15.4531
USB 3.0 Driver: v5.0.0.32
Intel PRO/1000 LAN Adapter Driver: v12.15.23.1
Intel Wireless LAN Driver: 19.20.3
BIOS Version: 1.26

Latest Dock Firmwareware Applied.

Please Help! 

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 605
Message 2 of 3

Re: x260 Docking Issues

Hello DailyMail, and welcome to the Community,

Would it be possible to provide us with which Operating System and service pack / release level is installed on the systems and whether or not this is Lenovo's stock image or your own corporate image please?  Also exactly which docking station is involved here please?

Thanks in advance,

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

DailyMail
Fanfold Paper
Views: 579
Message 3 of 3

Re: x260 Docking Issues

Hi Andy,

We are utilsing a Windows 7 Enterprise Service Pack 1 64bit SCCM corporate build. 

I have attached a build log for you're reference. 

The Dock that we are utilising is the Lenovo ThinkPad Pro Dock, type 40A1 - which has been flashed with the latest firmware available. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors