Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

01-10-2017

United States of America

7 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 1 of 2

x260 Error 2101

2017-07-16, 4:32 AM

I have a X260 with a Samsung 850 EVO SSD installed connected to the normal SATA cable. Recently, the system ran down in hibernate or sleep mode until the battery was completely drained. The next time I started it up, Iwas presented with an immediate error after the logo of "2101 Detection error on SSD(M.2)". Booting into BIOSor UEFI diagnostics doesn't show any options for diagnosing the SSD. What is odd is there is no M.2 SSD.  Right nowI am traveling and don't have a SATA-USB cable or another drive to try, but is there any possibility this is something other than my SSD failing completely?

System does not boot. Things I have tried already: Reseating the SATA cable, Resetting BIO S to default settings, "Power Cycling" the SSD.

All checks in UEFI diagnostics pass.

Options

1 Posts

10-05-2020

Saudi Arabia

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:x260 Error 2101

2021-02-16, 12:20 PM

Hi All,

I have same Error 2101 Detection error on SSD(M.2) happening when ever i restart my X260  it appeared after i changed the original HDD with an SSD from TEAM Group. i do not have M.2 and this is annoying ,I tried with Bios but nothing positive came?

Any one have solution for this issue?? please share your expertise or guide to someone or LENOVO service that can help??

Omar 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)