Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thinkpader1
Punch Card
Views: 2,032
Message 1 of 4

x260 won't boot

Hi,

I have a question and I hope some gurus here could help me out.

I bought a x260 last year from Amazon. Warranty check said I have 800+ days left in depot option.

I am running Linux and yesterday when I closed the lid, which is the normal way I want my laptop to sleep, and when I opened the lid as usual, it just stayed in sleep mode. Pressing power button or Fn + 4 did not bring the computer back. So I had to forcefully press and hold the power button for a couple of sec to turn it off. Then turning it on does not boot. Here is the video of how it is right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRK9TUffYiL

I tried to create a bootable USB and boot from it. The same result like in the video. Also tried to remove the SSD and boot from USB, still same problem.

Another question is, how should I contact Lenovo to help me fix my computer ? As far as I understand I must bring my device to an authorized service provider or ship it to them. Is it correct ? I found this : http://lenovo.force.com/bplocator.

and there is a Lenovo's Premier Serivice Partner near my place. Should I just come there and get my x260 fixed ?

Thank you,

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,007
Message 2 of 4

Re: x260 won't boot

I prefer the depot option.  If you call service (in U.S. 1-800-426-7378), they send a box overnight.  There is a prepaid FedEx overnight label and you drop it off at a FedEx location,

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
thinkpader1
Punch Card
Views: 1,994
Message 3 of 4

Thanks Rich. I guess I will drive up to the Lenovo's authorized shop and get my laptop fixed. It would be much faster.

thinkpader1
Punch Card
Views: 1,833
Message 4 of 4

Turns out depot option should be much faster than going to a Lenovo authorized shop. My latop just had a problem again, and this time I sent to depot.

Basically what authorized shop do is, they also have to order parts from Lenovo, then change it. It took 1 week for me.

Depot option is, you call at day 1, and at day 2 of 3 you get a package, then use it to ship laptop to Lenovo probably in the same day or next day (day 4). And you will get your laptop back probably around Day 5 or 6.

Hope that helps anyone new like me.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors