Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vegha
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 268
Message 1 of 5

x280: left handed trackpoint, right handed touchpad

Hi all,

I've been using my vintage T61 with the above settings: trackpoint with left hand, touchpad with right hand. For this purpose I have to choose my mouse settings (by default) left handed, which applies only for any pointing devices in- and connected to the computer. Furthermore there is an additional way under UltraNav Tab in the mouse settings where I can set almost every action for the buttons related ONLY to the toucpad. Please see attached screenshot.

Touchpad.jpg

How is it possible to set this in an x280 Thinkpad ? I can only choose one option which applies both for touchpad/trackpoint/mouse. I can not find additional option.

Vegha
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 157
Message 2 of 5

Re: x280: left handed trackpoint, right handed touchpad

Nobody has a clue about where this option disappeared from the UltraNav settings ?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 148
Message 3 of 5

Hi Vegha,

Welcome to the community forums.

Have you checked if the T61 Touchpad driver is the same with the x280? Have you tried updating the touchpad driver? If not, download the updated driver here: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Vegha
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 137
Message 4 of 5

Hi Auxen,

thank you for  your reply. How updated the X280's driver must be to gain the funcionality of a T61 ? Sorry, I am just a bit embarassed : )

T61 driver version: 16.2.19.7

X280 driver version: 19.3.4.221 Looks like below picture

synaptics.png

And I found, nowadays it have to look like this:

ms3.png

My assumption is the button order option could be on the two missing tab of the Synaptics Control Panel. Can you make me sure ? When yes, how is it possible I don't have these tabs if I have the latest driver.

I've updated the touchpad and trackpoint firmwares and the UNAV driver. Do I need to reinstall the Synaptics Control Panel ? Or does it come with the driver ?

Vegha
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 102
Message 5 of 5

Anyone any idea ?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors