Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drgoebel
What's DOS?
Views: 1,151
Message 1 of 3

x300 and Port Replicator

Hi @ all,

I have a X300 and the Lenovo USB Port Replicator, and my external monitor support 1280 x 1024.

Now, I want to beam the screen through the replicator on my external monitor, but I can not change the resolution to my needs, only to the needs of the x300 display...

Any ideas? I do not need the display of the x300 when it is docked.

Thanks in advance!
Blair
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,135
Message 2 of 3

Re: x300 and Port Replicator

hi I have just recently bought the X300 and I am using 30inch Dell Ultrasharp monitors at home and in all my offices. I was not aware that the monitors only accept DVI connections and not VGA so now I am having trouble connecting my thinkpad to an external monitor. Before i buy a port replicator or  a docking station(is there one that fits the X300 )  Can i connect my notebook through these I have tryed a standard adapter wi no success. I most likely will have to purchase some VGA to DVI scaler for upwards of 300$ for each of my workspaces and home. Will the port replicator or a docking station do the trick? Also of course i will need different resolutions on my 2 monitors so im interested in any response to this threat and drgoebel's question.

Thanks for any help.
Blair
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,117
Message 3 of 3

Re: x300 and Port Replicator

I believe i have found my own answer here (Buy a new monitor) not even converters or scalers are gunna work.
Thanks for your time.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors