Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

09-03-2008

Switzerland

2 Signins

26 Page Views

• Views: 26
  • Message 1 of 4

x300 software - anything else than bugs?

2008-09-03, 16:30 PM

Hi there

I'm a loyal thinkpad-user since several years, but today lenovo made me completely pissed!

I bought the new x300 for a lot of money some weeks ago, because I was convinced that thinkpads are still the best available. When I got the laptop, I was a bit disappointed that they didn't add any cd/dvd for recovery (or at least the OS). Therefor, I decided to do the thinkvantage backup.  First, in the "simple mode", the application wanted to do an backup on the local drive, where I - assumably with 64GB space - didn't had enough space. I then changed the it, so that the backup will be stored on my external USB-hdd, where I already store my pictures, music, films, etc.

It started without any comment and told me that it will need around 12 hours. Because I didn't have that much time, i cancelled  (there was no warning). Afterward, I wanted to access my music - but suddenly, the external hdd was empty and had another name... This stupid application formatted the harddiskwithout any warning!

Now I lost my whole media library and all my pictures!!!

Then I wanted to complain and opened  the thinkvantage "get help from a lenovo expert". But this link (https://expertslive.lenovo.com/home) was broken!!! What the he** is going on? Is this support?

I don't know what to do... I'm absolutely pissed - I will never trust any lenovo-application anymore...

What shall I do with my external hdd? Is there anything I can use to restore my data?

I'm completely desperate... that was not was I expected for $3000...

Toby, the angry swiss

Options

19 Posts

11-30-2007

Bay Area

120 Signins

1058 Page Views

• Views: 1058
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: x300 software - anything else than bugs?

2008-09-04, 0:38 AM

That's strange. I received my x300 this morning, and it came with like 4-6 recovery cd/dvds, which I found sort of funny since I didn't get the dvd drive with it.

The only problem I've really had with it so far is that my hand would sometimes touch the touchpad enough to cause it to move my cursor to where my mouse cursor is currently situated and move the type cursor. Setting the sensitivity for it didn't seem to do much at all.

Options

45 Posts

08-28-2008

United States of America

122 Signins

966 Page Views

• Views: 966
  • Message 3 of 4

2008-09-04, 13:43 PM

I suggest that you will try to restore your drive by using a proffesional service. If you have important stuff their, then you should do this ASAP, before you make any other changes to the drive. You can check out Ontrack:

http://www.ontrackdatarecovery.com/

but there are plenty of other services. Then you can deal with your notebook problems.

Options

124 Posts

05-24-2009

Canada

172 Signins

1612 Page Views

• Views: 1612
  • Message 4 of 4

2009-05-24, 15:28 PM

wrote:

Then I wanted to complain and opened  the thinkvantage "get help from a lenovo expert". But this link (https://expertslive.lenovo.com/home) was broken!!! What the he** is going on? Is this support?

I don't know what to do... I'm absolutely pissed - I will never trust any lenovo-application anymore...

I just tried "get help from a lenovo expert" and got a broken link too.  Is there a replacement link?

This, of course, happens at the worst possible time: when things are already going wrong.

Oh, and the forum search claims no message contains experslive.lenovo.com.  Here is a counterexample.  I'm feeling pretty grumbly about Lenovo today (there other things going wrong too).

I asked on Lenovo phone support about the broken get help feature and he didn't even seem to get the idea.  Sort of talked about updates.  But of course the TVSU facility has been shut down (kind of where I started).

See also http://forums.lenovo.com/lnv/board/message?board.id=T_Series_Thinkpads&thread.id=25027

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms